Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I'M SO PISSED OFF!! Vent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

Mobile Photo

So today I got a call at work during a really busy time (I work in fast food an it was during one of our "high school rushes") from my daycare lady an all I hear is Hailey fell , there's blood,an I heard my 2 yr old screaming in the background. So I told my manager that I had to leave. When I got to daycare lady's house my daughter comes running up to me crying, bloody nose , saying hold me hold me. 
Apparently she had climbed on top of one of those plastic 3 drawer dressers, and jumped, smashing her face into the wall.
After getting her calmed down I talked with the provider an asked her where she was, she told me she was in the other room. 
Am I wrong to be mad at her? This is not the first time she has been hurt. She has 4 other kids plus mine. More after school..

On another note, Hailey is fine, bruises in her mouth , she has a dentist appointment tomorrow. .
I'm attaching a pic if you look close you can see little blood blisters where each of her teeth hit.

*** thank you for all the positive replies, my daughter has not been back at day care since this happen.

I guess I'm just a protective mom an if my baby is hurt I will leave work without even thinking twice about it. I'm glad I have managers who understand this. ***
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweetie1987
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:40 PM

so sorry mama i would be mad too

-___-
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:41 PM

I would be very pissed off and consider not taking her back.  I know you need a daycare for your daughter to go to, but she doesn't sound very responsible. Five children at a time may be a lot to handle, but she shouldn't have taken on the job unless she was entirely confident that she could do it and by the sounds of things, she isn't.

cheerylrob2
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a VERY protective mommy. That being said this would not sit well with me. Whenever I watch a friends kid I never leave them alone. I can with my own children but that is different because they know what I expect from them. You never know what to expect from someone else's kid. Eye's should NEVER leave her! And she's two for goodness sake!

boltofblue
by New Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Oh god, the poor thing! Hope she heals quickly!
LizzieAnnesMom
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 8:41 PM
Is she the only child the lady watches?
eflgel1513
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Poor baby! I would be really upset. Yes, accidents happen, but thhis sounds like your little one was not being properly watched. I hope she's better soon! A real cutie pie! !
eflgel1513
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Poor baby! I would be really upset. Yes, accidents happen, but thhis sounds like your little one was not being properly watched. I hope she's better soon! A real cutie pie! !
felicjanci
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Definitely consider finding a different day care the one my son went to never let a child in a different room with out adult supervision (only two rooms) but there was two teachers..
felicjanci
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
And I am also question why her nose was still bloody when you got there, as well as the fact she was screaming in the back while you were on the phone with the day care.
notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Accidents happen
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)