Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I Hope Your D*mn Teeth Fall Out!!! Update!!!

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:55 PM
  • 37 Replies
My DH swears he takes excellent care of his teeth. Well he doesn't. His breath stinks...& it's been worse lately. When he was in the USMC he ended up having a root canal on a molar. Fast forward 2 years and he's in excruciating pain...same tooth. Plus the one under it is hurting too. Our new dental insurance becomes active tomorrow. He asked me to go ahead and call the dentist today & set up an appointment. The soonest they can see him is next Friday..which is the day he wanted the appointment anyway. So tonight he is texting me nonstop about how bad it hurts. The whole right side of his face hurts, etc. He is living with his brother in Va for work. I still stay in our house with the kids in NC until we can sell and move. So...I know very little about his area. He wants me to find him an emergency dentist. So I look. I called at least 3 different dentists but none are open 24 hrs. I finally found that u can call and give them your zip code, and they will refer u to the closest 24 hr dentist. So I have him the # to call. He says he already called it. I know better and called him out on it. He says he called another # like that & there are none in his area. So I tell him to call his mom (a nurse) for advice. He says she won't answer. I told him to text. He says she won't text. I told him that's bullshit Bc she has texted me before. I told him to try his dad. He says he's asleep. I told him to take a 800 mg ibuprofen. He says he did but it didn't help. See where I'm going here? So finally, I stumbled across a post on here about a woman who's husband tried a natural remedy for his abscessed tooth. I told him to buy some olive leaf oil for possible infection and clove oil for pain. He say he tried it and it didn't help. Wtf?! I know he didn't just have that shit laying around lol. So I again call him out. He said his other roommate had some natural shit he tried and it didn't help. So I said to give it try anyway. He doesn't want to spend the money. Ugh! Wtf am I supposed to do? I'm 4-5 hours away! If he would brush, floss, and use mouthwash likes he claims he does, he might not have this problem. He so lazy! So yes...I hope his nasty rotten ass teeth fall the hell out!!!

UPDATE: WOW! This is first time I've ever had a featured post! Thanks everyone!

The point of my post was so vent about my manchild lol I hate to see or hear about him in pain. I've made calls and researched remedies for him and he just won't take any advice! He just wants to complain and not do anything for himself. I'm over 4 hours hours away but even if I were closer...I'm not a dentist! He finally took a shot of whiskey and swished with Apple cider vinegar. It's helped some...so hopefully he'll keep it up (the vinegar at least)!
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ACC1984
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Sorry if it's hard to read Bc of no paragraphs. I'm mobile.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:58 PM
3 moms liked this
Abscesses like that are extremely dangerous. I'd advise him to go to ER to at least get some antibiotics.
MrsErdos2011
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
His breath smelling bad doesn't mean he doesn't take care of his teeth. Smelly breath is also a sign of underlying health issues including severe acid reflux and diabetes.
ACC1984
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:03 PM
I told him to go to the ER incase it's infected. That way he could at least get pain meds even if it's not until he can see the dentist. I don't get why he wants to suffer. It's like he wants me to do it for him...but I can't!

Quoting Anonymous: Abscesses like that are extremely dangerous. I'd advise him to go to ER to at least get some antibiotics.
ACC1984
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this
The bad breath just started recently...not long before his teeth started bothering him. He doesn't have reflux at all, and he was recently tested for diabetes, high cholesterol, and a host of other things at the VA (he had to have a full medical work up Bc of his ongoing disability claim). The only thing they found was that his blood pressure is slightly elevated. When he was in the corps he would brush twice a day and floss. Since he got out, he doesn't. When he's home he usually brushes once a day. I know he doesn't floss Bc the pack had barely been used (Bc I used it before I bought my water flosser). Sometimes he'll try to kiss me during the day...& I just can't. I'll give him a peck and asked if he brushed yet. He'll say he forgot. Idk. I'm not his mommy. I can't make him take care of his teeth.

Quoting MrsErdos2011: His breath smelling bad doesn't mean he doesn't take care of his teeth. Smelly breath is also a sign of underlying health issues including severe acid reflux and diabetes.
MrsErdos2011
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:16 PM
It could still be underlying health issues. Somethings don't show right away.

Quoting ACC1984: The bad breath just started recently...not long before his teeth started bothering him. He doesn't have reflux at all, and he was recently tested for diabetes, high cholesterol, and a host of other things at the VA (he had to have a full medical work up Bc of his ongoing disability claim). The only thing they found was that his blood pressure is slightly elevated. When he was in the corps he would brush twice a day and floss. Since he got out, he doesn't. When he's home he usually brushes once a day. I know he doesn't floss Bc the pack had barely been used (Bc I used it before I bought my water flosser). Sometimes he'll try to kiss me during the day...& I just can't. I'll give him a peck and asked if he brushed yet. He'll say he forgot. Idk. I'm not his mommy. I can't make him take care of his teeth.

Quoting MrsErdos2011: His breath smelling bad doesn't mean he doesn't take care of his teeth. Smelly breath is also a sign of underlying health issues including severe acid reflux and diabetes.
ACC1984
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:18 PM
Well our new health insurance becomes active March 4th so ... if the dentist doesn't cure it I'll be making more appointments! Lol

Quoting MrsErdos2011: It could still be underlying health issues. Somethings don't show right away.

Quoting ACC1984: The bad breath just started recently...not long before his teeth started bothering him. He doesn't have reflux at all, and he was recently tested for diabetes, high cholesterol, and a host of other things at the VA (he had to have a full medical work up Bc of his ongoing disability claim). The only thing they found was that his blood pressure is slightly elevated. When he was in the corps he would brush twice a day and floss. Since he got out, he doesn't. When he's home he usually brushes once a day. I know he doesn't floss Bc the pack had barely been used (Bc I used it before I bought my water flosser). Sometimes he'll try to kiss me during the day...& I just can't. I'll give him a peck and asked if he brushed yet. He'll say he forgot. Idk. I'm not his mommy. I can't make him take care of his teeth.

quickbooksworm
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:18 PM
The ER likely won't give him pain meds. Addicts who are drug seeking use that excuse a lot so many hospitals have changed their policies.

Quoting ACC1984: I told him to go to the ER incase it's infected. That way he could at least get pain meds even if it's not until he can see the dentist. I don't get why he wants to suffer. It's like he wants me to do it for him...but I can't!

Quoting Anonymous: Abscesses like that are extremely dangerous. I'd advise him to go to ER to at least get some antibiotics.
ACC1984
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:22 PM
That's true. He didn't say if his jaw or anything is swollen. Last time he was home he showed me his tooth (it didn't bother him as much then) and I could tell that it didn't look right. I just wish he'd try some of what I've recommended. Instead he just wants to complain and suffer. I don't understand lol

Quoting quickbooksworm: The ER likely won't give him pain meds. Addicts who are drug seeking use that excuse a lot so many hospitals have changed their policies.

Quoting ACC1984: I told him to go to the ER incase it's infected. That way he could at least get pain meds even if it's not until he can see the dentist. I don't get why he wants to suffer. It's like he wants me to do it for him...but I can't!

MrsErdos2011
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:25 PM
That would probably be best. Before my mom was finally diagnosed with congestive heart failure last year, smelly breath was the biggest issue she had. It took the three years to figure it out.

Quoting ACC1984: Well our new health insurance becomes active March 4th so ... if the dentist doesn't cure it I'll be making more appointments! Lol

Quoting MrsErdos2011: It could still be underlying health issues. Somethings don't show right away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)