Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Aren't birthdays supposed to be happy?

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:17 AM
  • 14 Replies
Today is my birthday and its my ex husbands weekend to have our son. My Aunt and cousin were going to make the 2 hour trip to take me out to lunch. I had asked my ex if my son could also go and he said sure. Well my Aunt is probably not coming because of weather so now my ex says no to my son coming over to spend time with me.

Keep in mind, my ex husbands birthday, both his parents birthdays and his grandpas have all been on my weekends and I have let my son go for all of them even if it was overnight and I lost my whole weekend without swapping.

I know there's nothing I can really do but I'm super upset .
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:36 PM

I'm sorry you're birthday started out crappy and your feelings have been hurt.  I hope the rest of the day has turned out better and you have a nice weekend.

GirlWithANikon
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Lesson learned. Don't let the child go on your weekends then.

kerryket
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 5:47 PM
I'm sorry, is he usually petty thay way?
nurse1997
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Its his kid too relax and go out with friends if u have any !

PJs35
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Hmmm...Well lets see he went out drinking and dropped my son of at a friends house. I'm 9 months pregnant so I cant really "go out with friends" during a goddamn snowstorm. Sorry if I fucking give everyone their mother fucking way and just wanted my way for once to spend a few hours on my birthday with my son.

Quoting nurse1997:

PJs35
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 6:46 PM
Won't be and he has a family trip coming up that includes one of my weekends. My son doesn't want to go anyway.

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

Lesson learned. Don't let the child go on your weekends then.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 1, 2014 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Enjoy your day and think about all the good things in your life.  Happy Birthday!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 1, 2014 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

nurse1997
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Sorry doll sounds like a unhappy bday for u ! uoting PJs35: Hmmm...Well lets see he went out drinking and dropped my son of at a friends house. I'm 9 months pregnant so I cant really "go out with friends" during a goddamn snowstorm. Sorry if I fucking give everyone their mother fucking way and just wanted my way for once to spend a few hours on my birthday with my son.

Quoting nurse1997:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 1, 2014 at 7:49 PM

My birthday was yesterday. Granted I got to spend it with my son but it was at the hospital having tests run to make sure he is strong enough to start the chemo next week to treat his cancer. I'd much rather have had him spending time at his dads. So just be happy your son is healthy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)