Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Best Friends

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:29 PM
  • 59 Replies

I found out a week ago that my "best friend" is dating my exhusband.......from my kids!!!!   ok let me start from the beginning;.....................i found out from my mom that my ex said he was dating someone but he didnt give a name.. so i called my "best friend" and told her what i had heard,,,,,she said she was staying out of it.......... fast forward 5 days later,,,,,,,,she takes her kids to his place up in the country so they can ride 4 wheelers and see the horses and cows and spend some time with our  kids.. thats normal around there so i didnt question it....... well i went to get my kids to take them out to dinner and she was of course there......... as my kids r getting in my truck i just happen to catch him carressing her arm and i thought gee that was weird but i played it off as if i didnt see it. so as i pull out of the driveway i asked my kids if they were datiing and they said yes!!!!!    The sad part is i had talked to her 5 days before that and she never said a word when i mentioned it!!!!..... Oh and she unfriended and blocked me from facebook!!!!!!!!    SO MATURE>>>>NOT!!!!!!!         So here's my question and point......... Should best friends date ur ex????

by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JaeSung
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Personally, I'd say no. It just strikes me as being wrong. Almost like a sister dating an ex of yours.
Boobear110
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 6:26 PM

No. Never, never , never. 

Low blow. 

kathryngordon24
by New Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:51 AM

Yes I thought of her as a sister............. and just blew me off completely!!!frustrated

katie314
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:53 AM
4 moms liked this
I think it can depend on the situation.. like maybe it wouldn't be AS bad if she'd been up front about it and talked to you beforehand. Definitely awkward town tho.
Tracylynn100
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:56 AM

No, no and no, I would never consider it.  At the very least she should have asked how you would feel about it.  There are reasons they are exes anyway, like eating spoiled leftovers :-( 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 2, 2014 at 6:05 AM
This would make me think that something could have been going on for a long time . What a witch
PJs35
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 6:11 AM
Nope, but my ex husband has dated all of his friends ex's. He's currently dating a woman that was part off a couple him and I used to hang out with when we were together. I tell him to keep our son out of the drama of him being a bad friend to his guys. That's all I can ask.
TurboMom81
Love seeing all my hard work and efforts come to fruition.
Today at 10:09 AM
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
The part I find weird is the whole I unfriending and blocking you...
srltb143
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:07 PM

NO!!  This is not okay...I understand that you can't help but wonder if something was going on before, I would too.  She may have told you she was staying out of it because she was waiting for him to tell you or they were trying to figure out the best way to tell you, I don't know.  But doesn't make much since if they were going to be around the kids together.  So nevermind.  I just think a best friend would never do this, or atleast be considerate enough to talk to you about what was going on from the very beginning.  I'm sorry you are going through this.  I have to say though, if you were sure that it only started after your divorce, and she had come to you first, would you be okay with it?  

trulyblessed618
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:09 PM
I don't. ...she is guilty and knows she is crossing the line. She doesn't want her posting anything to make her look bad if she can help it. At least on her own facebook page anyway.

Quoting TurboMom81: The part I find weird is the whole I unfriending and blocking you...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)