Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Just what I needed :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
We went to visit my family. My aunty was sick and told to not give it to my kids the best way she could by using a tissue and washing her hands.obviously she didn't and now my kids are getting sick! My daughter just coughed in my face so now I'm going to get it.great!! Just what I wanted.maybe I should go drop them off like I said I would if she gave it to them!everyone else was smart with their colds :(
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Kids get colds and life goes on.  Good luck.  Start with the steam, saline, etc now and it should cut the duration down.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:29 PM
should have stayed home
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Didn't know she had it until we got there. We were starting at my dads them elsewhere

Quoting Anonymous: should have stayed home
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:33 PM
I know just if you knew her you would know why I'm frustrated with her. They are just sneezing atm

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Kids get colds and life goes on.  Good luck.  Start with the steam, saline, etc now and it should cut the duration down.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:37 PM

I have a sister who is ALWAYS sick and is terrible about keeping it contained.  I simply refuse to visit with her during cold and flu season.  She calls me heartless, I shrug it off.  When my kids get sick, I start with the neti pot/saline ASAP.  It helps a LOT. 

When Sis and her kids get sick, they bitch and moan and wipe their noses on everything.  But they won't even TRY a neti pot, she refuses to medicate the kids, which in some circumstances is a good thing but not when they are that miserable and snotting on everything, and then they want to play and visit and act like life is normal.

Quoting Anonymous: I know just if you knew her you would know why I'm frustrated with her. They are just sneezing atm
Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:46 PM
It's not even flu season here yet she gets them at any time of the year. She did stay away but not enough.ill get rid of it just needed a vent

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I have a sister who is ALWAYS sick and is terrible about keeping it contained.  I simply refuse to visit with her during cold and flu season.  She calls me heartless, I shrug it off.  When my kids get sick, I start with the neti pot/saline ASAP.  It helps a LOT. 

When Sis and her kids get sick, they bitch and moan and wipe their noses on everything.  But they won't even TRY a neti pot, she refuses to medicate the kids, which in some circumstances is a good thing but not when they are that miserable and snotting on everything, and then they want to play and visit and act like life is normal.

Quoting Anonymous: I know just if you knew her you would know why I'm frustrated with her. They are just sneezing atm

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Here's an idea: Don't take your kids to sick people's houses.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:08 PM
If you read my other posts I didn't I took them to my dad's, she wasn't staying there

Quoting Anonymous:

Here's an idea: Don't take your kids to sick people's houses.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:09 PM
Also they are fine now got over it in a day
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)