Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Would you give a grown man money? ***update***

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
Me and my SO are currently trying to work things out because we have a daughter on the way. We currently don't live in the same town but he will be moving back before baby is her. He sent a text saying:

"Everyone takes advantage of me I have no money to get to work till I get paid. My friends co workers and sister never pays me back for driving. I have no money. No clothes I work 40 hours a week as a manager and they havent given me a raise I just wanna scream I feel a breakdown coming on."

I feel bad but I recently just paid $1,900 in rent/deposits today for a new place. I have some money but when he previously lived with me he barely helped me pay rent and I am currently paying for a cell phone I got him but turned off when we broke up. Would you help him out or let him work it out himself? He said if he didn't make it to work he would lose his job. Mind you he is 27 years old.

*********UPDATE**************

So while initially I felt bad, I still didn't loan him the money. He continued to tell me about how much stress had about not having any and once he got down here and barely having any clothes I still decided to let him figure it out. I feel that's money being taken away from my daughter. He accidentally texted me a message yesterday he meant to send to his ex that stated

"Ok obviously ur showin out lol its good I suck in bed so that means till next friday I can show someone else how bad I am lol".

I asked him about it and he stated he was arguing with his ex. Then yelled at me stating I needed to grow up and I'm on some bullshit for being upset about him sending it to me on accident. That doesn't look like an argument to me at all. So needless to say we are over and I saved money.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Purgatorian
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:38 AM
2 moms liked this
Are you his Mama?
Or his wife?
Or his co-habitation partner?

Come on now, this is a silly question.

I can rattle off my sob story if you want to dish out free money.

He got himself into his financial woes, he should be a man and get himself out.
ff-princess
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 4:50 AM
3 moms liked this

not in this situation I wouldn't.  as a matter of fact, the only "grown man" I would give money to is my adult son and even then there are stipulations involved.

gsmom9
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 6:12 AM

Wow. That is a scary foreboding with a baby on the way. My ex used to do that. He still does once and awhile

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 6:27 AM
My ex just pulled this shit on me fir the 678568975212 time i finally said no and snapped.

Do not give him money
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 6:29 AM

If I was in a relationship with him I would (which apparently you are, if he's moving back).  I'd also insist he stop letting people take advantage of him.  If there was no relationship I'd just do the latter.

lilswty
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

We all get down and out sometimes, and it took along time for me to realize that I was helping all the wrong ppl feeling sorry for someone or being a bit naive call it what you will maybe just plain stupid and at this point I WILL NOLONGER DO MORE FOR SOMEONE THAN WHAT THEY DO FOR THEMSELVES

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
If we were living together, yes.

But he sounds irresponsible and that shit wouldn't fly if we lived together. He should have budgeted better and not given free rides knowing he needed gas for work.
Mrsmayaguy
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:28 AM

This doesnt sound good at all. SOunds like you will have to deal with this once the baby is here and you live together. You stated he didnt pay his way when you were together. Why would it be different now.

Im sorry to say this but you will probably take care of him and the baby financially. I wouldnt give him the money and see what happens.

A man takes care of his responsibilities! Sometimes boys dont.

Good luck, i think you will need it.  If  you dont have one get a good support system for yourself and your baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

RUN! Seriously, go with your gut.  Look at his text message, it is full of excuses. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Lolol you are right. I was making sure I wasn't being a heartless bitch. :)

Quoting Purgatorian: Are you his Mama?
Or his wife?
Or his co-habitation partner?

Come on now, this is a silly question.

I can rattle off my sob story if you want to dish out free money.

He got himself into his financial woes, he should be a man and get himself out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)