Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Of all of the ungrateful comments

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies

I have a friend who is having boy/girl twins.  She invited me to her baby shower but I can't go because I have 4 things going on that day and she lives 2 hours from me.  We haven't seen each other in years but we've known each other since first grade.  She moved away in 6th grade and we've always talked a lot over the years just haven't gotten together in a long time.

Anyways, I sent her a 4 pack of blankets that I loved for my kids.  Usually I only spend about $20 on a baby shower gift but these were $35 so it was a stretch for me.  I know finances are tight and they were some of the most useful things with my daughter.  I used these things for everything because they are big, lightweight, soft, and are lightweight enough to be thrown in a bag without taking up too much space.

She got them yesterday and this is the message I get.  "Hey I was just wondering why you sent me these blankets because they aren't the ones I picked out on my registry."

Well I guess she won't be getting more gifts from me!  How rude!  I messaged her all of the reasons why I sent her those blankets and told her I spent a long time trying to decide what to get her and she didn't even respond!

And I didn't even know she was registered anywhere since it wasn't even on the invite!  Even if she was these are her first kids and I have 3 so I think I have a bit more experience with them and have a general idea if they will be useful.  And no, she's not me but I've never met anybody who didn't think they were useful who owned them!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JohnnysGirl27
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Ugh...she's an ass...lol

lucky2Beeme
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Her response was either she was being rude or she isn't the brightest bulb on the Christmas Tree. In her defense just because you have had 3 kids doesn't mean she has to like your choice of blankets. That was a foolish statement. I would have asked her to mail them back since she didn't care for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:27 AM

They're her first.  You know how many things I picked out for my first and thought I'd love but absolutely hated?  And how many things experienced moms gave me I thought I'd never used but I loved?

The point is a registry is a suggestion not a required shopping list.  I bought her something I thought was really useful because every mom I've talked to who has had them has absolutely loved them not just myself.  A bunch of others asked me about them.  Even the nurses at the hospital fell in love with the one I had with me and were asking questions about it.  I didn't say she had to love them I was just explaining why I bought them.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Her response was either she was being rude or she isn't the brightest bulb on the Christmas Tree. In her defense just because you have had 3 kids doesn't mean she has to like your choice of blankets. That was a foolish statement. I would have asked her to mail them back since she didn't care for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:36 AM

I just looked at her registry.  She has 2 blankets on there (one pink, one blue) and she'll certainly need more than that!  She also has silly things like one set of pink nail clippers and one set of white.  There's not much on there overall even though I know she doesn't have much because we talk a lot!  

owlfeather919
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
That was just plain rude of her. It is the thought that counts. Very ungrateful .
GloryDaze
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Why did you message her back with a whole bunch of reasons why you picked those blankets? You explained to us in your post that you did not even know she was registered anywhere becsuse it wasn't written on the invitation so you simply could have told her that.

Yes, she is extremely rude and unfortunately your long distance relationship with her will probably fade. People change and grow apart.
myempyreofdirt
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Wow, what a jerk. I didn't get anything from my registry and it never occurred to me to care. We got a ton of really nice stuff and used almost all of it. I'm very grateful. Maybe your friend is a victim of pregnancy hormones and nesting? Some women really get nutty towards the end.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:41 PM

She asked me what I loved about them so I answered.

Quoting GloryDaze: Why did you message her back with a whole bunch of reasons why you picked those blankets? You explained to us in your post that you did not even know she was registered anywhere becsuse it wasn't written on the invitation so you simply could have told her that. Yes, she is extremely rude and unfortunately your long distance relationship with her will probably fade. People change and grow apart.

GloryDaze
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:30 PM
You're missing the point but that's ok
Have a nice day.

Quoting Anonymous:

She asked me what I loved about them so I answered.

Quoting GloryDaze: Why did you message her back with a whole bunch of reasons why you picked those blankets? You explained to us in your post that you did not even know she was registered anywhere becsuse it wasn't written on the invitation so you simply could have told her that.

Yes, she is extremely rude and unfortunately your long distance relationship with her will probably fade. People change and grow apart.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:39 PM
You seem to be a little dense. This posting person said "In her defense, just because YOU have three kids...." and you answered "They're HER first."

Quoting Anonymous:

They're her first.  You know how many things I picked out for my first and thought I'd love but absolutely hated?  And how many things experienced moms gave me I thought I'd never used but I loved?

The point is a registry is a suggestion not a required shopping list.  I bought her something I thought was really useful because every mom I've talked to who has had them has absolutely loved them not just myself.  A bunch of others asked me about them.  Even the nurses at the hospital fell in love with the one I had with me and were asking questions about it.  I didn't say she had to love them I was just explaining why I bought them.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)