Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Unless someone is dead

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 10:06 AM
  • 66 Replies

Or damn about to become dead, DO NOT CALL ME AT WORK. 

Actually, possibly not even then, depending on who it is. I mean, if someone is already dead, what can I do about that anyway?

Everyone knows I fucking hate that. Everyone knows that they might be the one who is about to become dead if they choose to ignore my warning and call me anyway. Why is is still such an impossible concept for some people to grasp?

My son called to ask me to ask me where did his painting supplies end up, which I can't possibly know because I'm not the one who does the cleaning, and he knows that. Wasn't even a full hour later when my best friend called to ask me what would I like him to grab us for lunch, which I do not care about at this point. If it's food I'll eat it. Then my fiance calls to "helpfully" inform me that he booked our plane tickets to go visit his family next month. Seriously??? Could you not have texted me that extremely valuable piece of information, that doesn't affect my existence at this very moment in any way?

That is THREE! Three people who all know better fucking called me in the same day, each for no good reason. Is everyone fucking insane?

by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nurse1997
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Yikes hopefully u didn't get in trouble :)

Sister_Someone
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Nah. :) No one really cares about personal calls during work hours, as long as the job is done in time. I care about being called while I'm working, because it annoys the crap out of me.

Quoting nurse1997:

Yikes hopefully u didn't get in trouble :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:38 AM
2 moms liked this
Wow u sound like a Hot mess u never no when it could be a emergency . If ur boss doesn't care just say I'm busy ill c at home it isn't that big of a deal. Maybe one day you won't have anyone that cares enough to call. So enjoy ur son and friends its a small thing don't let it bother u.
Kitty_Myrick
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

lol, I know what you mean.  I hardly call my husband at work.  I e-mail him. We both have Droids and G-mails. So it's as instant as a call or text.

cat 

Tay06
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

You need some Xanax :)

Sister_Someone
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Obviously, true emergencies are an exception to this rule. Also obviously, I would expect a grown-ass man to be able to distinguish between a true emergency and calling me to tell me he booked plane tickets. How the hell am I supposed to stay focused on my work if someone is calling me every five seconds to tell me everything that crossed their mind that day?

Quoting Anonymous: Wow u sound like a Hot mess u never no when it could be a emergency . If ur boss doesn't care just say I'm busy ill c at home it isn't that big of a deal. Maybe one day you won't have anyone that cares enough to call. So enjoy ur son and friends its a small thing don't let it bother u.

Sister_Someone
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Could use some. I wouldn't object to a bottle of whiskey either.

Quoting Tay06:

You need some Xanax :)

nurse1997
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:18 PM

I'M bad I call my hubby at work often !

gangof6
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:20 PM
2 moms liked this

To be honest, you sound insane! YIKES!!! 

"Count Your Blessing Rather Than Dwelling In Your Disasters." ~ Ray Lamontagne

ewild
by New Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

my family knows better than to call me at work. They can text my cell and when and if I have a chance I will text back. I have been called once at work and that was because my son was going to the hospital via ambulance because he couldn't breath( his asthma flared up). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)