Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Nothing seems to go right..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
So me and my boyfriend an our daughter stay with his brother and his family.. Just until we can get us a place of our own but we have been here for ten months almost a year and I feel as if we are a burden you know even tho they haven't said anything or everytime we talk they always say we can stay here.. Neither one of us have a job but we have applied in so many places for jobs and haven't got a call back.. Im very upset cause when I first got pregnant this is not how I seen I thought we would have our own place.. I feel like such a let down I wish I could just find a job so I can get my family a place of our own.. But it always seems like everytime we make a few steps forward just to get pushed back ten...
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:18 PM

I'm sorry, keep trying! Have you considered moving to where the jobs are?

happynewyorker
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

have u tried craigslist or http://www.indeed.com/ for a job?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:25 PM
Yes.. But only having one job I worked & only having an high school diploma doesn't get you tht far.

Quoting happynewyorker:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Move to where the jobs are at is not an idea right now since we don't have anywhere we would stay getting money for diapers and all that is hard can't imagine trying to go far away and not have anyone to help

Quoting Lindalou907:

I'm sorry, keep trying! Have you considered moving to where the jobs are?

MonarchMom22
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:56 PM
2 moms liked this

It sounds like you are in a difficult situation.  Having a child to support, and not a steady income, is very hard and stressful.  Since you both have a safe place to live right now, and each other to provide childcare, have you considered getting some job training?  There may be programs available to train you for something that would provide a stable income.  If either of you collects unemployment insurance they may offer tuition reimbursement.  Or you can contact your social services office.  You need to think longterm.  A HS diploma does not open many doors today, but there are job certification programs that lead to good jobs.

mrsericaselke
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:13 PM

http://www.snagajob.com/    it's worth checking it out sweetheart :-)  and if anything, remember this, right when you're about to give up, is usually when a miracle happens!  try to stay positive!

happynewyorker
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:25 AM
2 moms liked this

That's a cop out excuse!!  Have u tried working as a baby sitter??  Receptionist at an office?  You need to find an entry level job, something so you can learn as you go.  You can look under file clerk. Receptionist at a doctor's office, or any type of office.  If you really want a job you look at all that they have to offer. 

When I started working over 30 years ago.  I got a part time job in a small law firm with the help of my mom.  When my mom left I stayed and worked full time.  At the time I was bring home 9K a year and still lived at home at age 20.  I learned as much as I can in the 3 years I stayed with the company. I was a GED graduate.  over time I took courses to help myself.  Then I work at a crappy job updating books for a year. Then found a job at a medium size law firm that I did the filing. Which was I enjoyed.  I knew a lot from my first job and when the paralegal would give information that was wrong, I'd tell her and well someone heard and told and I became the department docket clerk, file clerk and paralegal.  I stayed with the company for 3 years, went to another, and I'm at my current job for 18 years. 

If you really want something, you have to look.  If you get local papers check them out. If you get pennysaver look they have jobs listed.  You have a high school diploma.  check your local post office.  some areas of the post office are hiring.  But, if you can work on a computer, answer phones and take messages, you can do anything you want. 

Good luck!!

Quoting Anonymous: Yes.. But only having one job I worked & only having an high school diploma doesn't get you tht far.
Quoting happynewyorker:

m.garcia21
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Yeah finding jobs is very hard. Have you gone to a staffing agency? Theyre ussually very good at helping ppl. You could try babysitting or a certification program. Most of them are short programs and are easily covered by fafsa. Where theres a will theres a way ;-) and theres alot more to finding a job than applying. Id definetly give the certification thing a try. Its easier than you think. Thats what im actually doing right now. And fafsa covered a good chunk of it. And the loan i got i dont have to start paying til im out of school for 6 months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Why would I want to baby sit when I have to take care of my own kid which is a new born and Im a first time mother.. I have watched my nieces many if times but me spending tome with someone else kid doesn't set right with me when I could be spending it with my own.

Quoting happynewyorker:

That's a cop out excuse!!  Have u tried working as a baby sitter??  Receptionist at an office?  You need to find an entry level job, something so you can learn as you go.  You can look under file clerk. Receptionist at a doctor's office, or any type of office.  If you really want a job you look at all that they have to offer. 

When I started working over 30 years ago.  I got a part time job in a small law firm with the help of my mom.  When my mom left I stayed and worked full time.  At the time I was bring home 9K a year and still lived at home at age 20.  I learned as much as I can in the 3 years I stayed with the company. I was a GED graduate.  over time I took courses to help myself.  Then I work at a crappy job updating books for a year. Then found a job at a medium size law firm that I did the filing. Which was I enjoyed.  I knew a lot from my first job and when the paralegal would give information that was wrong, I'd tell her and well someone heard and told and I became the department docket clerk, file clerk and paralegal.  I stayed with the company for 3 years, went to another, and I'm at my current job for 18 years. 

If you really want something, you have to look.  If you get local papers check them out. If you get pennysaver look they have jobs listed.  You have a high school diploma.  check your local post office.  some areas of the post office are hiring.  But, if you can work on a computer, answer phones and take messages, you can do anything you want. 

Good luck!!

Quoting Anonymous: Yes.. But only having one job I worked & only having an high school diploma doesn't get you tht far.
Quoting happynewyorker:

ready4happiness
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry. I wish you luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN