Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

This is a F U to all you moms who...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 319 Replies
73 moms liked this

I raise a set of twins that were officially diagnosed with ARND which falls under the FASD diagnosis umbrella yesterday. Basically, their bio mom was gracious enough to stop drinking while pregnant at 7 months so my babies didn't develop deformed facial features. But their brains are damaged. Their little lives are a struggle. They have such a hard time behaving in class, out of class, at home, everywhere! They have a hard time being empathetic and nurturing. They have a hard time telling the truth. They cannot handle any changes to their schedules. They get over stimulated at carnivals. At play centers. At roller rinks. At any public event with lots of people. This is just the tip of the ice berg in regards to their struggles. And there is no cure. This will never go away. Ever. They don't deserve this shit!

To any selfish bitch out there that drinks, even just a little, while pregnant, you're an asshole! And you don't deserve to be able to have babies. smh Check your ass into rehab the minute you find out you're carrying if you cannot stop please!!! :(

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MSJAP2010
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 5:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I am so sorry you have to deal with that. My step sister drank & did drugs the entire time she was pregnant with twins. She was even admitted to the hospital & her step dad continued to bring beer & weed to her. He would put it in a styrofoam cup & let her have it. Her twins were born so early & unfortunately my nephew didn't make it because of the problems from drinking. As soon as I found out I was pregnant with my son, I quit drinking. I never drank much anyway but my BF at the time was in a band & I would go to the bar to watch him play & have a few drinks. The moment I found out, I stopped drinking. 

Patti-Gee
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:08 PM
33 moms liked this

Quote:

To any selfish bitch out there that drinks, even just a little, while pregnant, you're an asshole! And you don't deserve to be able to have babies.
 There is a difference between having multiple drinks daily and an occasional drink while pregnant.   
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:03 PM
2 moms liked this

It's crazy I know a girl that had two babies in two years and she did pills , drank and hard core drugs and her babies are fine . I so agree with you no drugs or drinking 

TAG9lbs
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:27 PM
3 moms liked this

AMEN!! I'll raise my glass right now to that shit right there. Even if i did drink a glass of red wine everyday while pregnant. 

I agree you have every right to be frustrated and angry but every situation is different. I have DS2 that makes height and weight requirements for car seats designed to fit 4 yr old. He goes to La Petite Academy where I have often been told he often knows the right color before the other children do. every situation is different. 

I also recommend taking a step back and just watching the kids in the play room for a day. I'm sick and tired of these doctors that are often just guessing at right and wrong. People often survive things because they have a want to do so and doctors label this as a miracle. IMO the human mind has amazing powers we have yet to tap into and i strongly believe that Autistic children are gifted and smarter than we could ever hope to be they just don't know how to share that knowledge with us. For all I know you have some very smart boys that are too smart to learn the way other kids their age do. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:31 PM
8 moms liked this

Thats goes for smoking and drugs too. Sorry excuses for human beings. Don't understand how selfish a mother can be to risk her unborn childs life and do that shit. There is no excuse. CLOSE YOUR LEGS!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:38 PM
10 moms liked this
Yeah, because all the European babies and kids are like that. I truly am sorry that happened to those children and wish them all the best in the future. I do also read and know that there is a huge difference in the affect on fetal development between drinking a couple glasses of wine and binge drinking on babies.

I get that you are frustrated with the predicament of those poor children but jumping to extremes isn't going to help anyone and it certainly won't fix what happened to them.
Mrsmayaguy
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:20 AM
2 moms liked this

An occasional drink during your third trimester will not have the same affect on the fetus as being an alcoholic or drug addict that uses daily during the entire pregnancy.

Sorry the children will have life long issues. At least they have you to love them and support them through life.

lilswty
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 4:36 AM
6 moms liked this

You are AWESOME for taking care of the children..  I agree this is whats wrong with people they can be so selfish.  When you are carrying you are no longer entitled to do what you want, at this stage in the game you must do whats best for your unborn child.  It is a parents job to protect their children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 5:10 AM
4 moms liked this

You with your unbelievable unstable ranting mouth & mind should not be permitted to raise/foster ANY child. How the hell did you get past the screening when you obviously lose it so easily?

gavs4boys
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I can sympathize with you. I'm raising a child who's mom drank and did drugs while she was pregnant.  He has FAE, bipolar, mild mental retardation (mild), sensory issues. I've had him legally for the past 6 years but have helped raise him since he was a baby. His bio parents had their rights taken away when he was little and his grandma adopted him but had a very hard time taking care of him so me and my (now) ec dh helped her.  I wouldn't change anything in the world no matter how hard it can be.  I've been blessed to have him in my life

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN