Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I Wouldn't Piss On Her If She Was on FIRE!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have so much hatred for my husbands ex. and they have been divorced over 15yrs. They had 2 girls together and she has done everything to allienate his girls from him. He pays a lot of child support, never late, never a missed payment. He has tried everything but she will not ease up on him and she has kept the girls away from him. His oldest is turning 18 in a couple months and he has asked me to help him reach out to his daughters and write them both a letter. He has cried so many times for them, they will never know. He will finally get his chance to tell his side. But how much is to much information about how their mother kept him out of their lives? Should he tell them the truth, or just apoligise for not being there for them? She has done every mean and hurtful thing she could to keep him away from them. What should he say in the letters? How can he reach out to them? As far as his ex goes. I wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire! I really wouldn't. Just the thought of her makes me sick. But I have been quiet and I haven't said a word to her about her actions. But I think its time to lay everything on the table, and let the truth come out. Am I wrong??

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:33 PM
2 moms liked this
At the end of the day, you don't know what really happened between them. It sounds like he left her bitter and upset. Tell him to be there from now on and not to live in the past.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:33 PM
4 moms liked this

Absolutely not. You need to be honest with your DH and he needs to be 100% honest with his kids, even if it's not what they want to hear. Hopefully they'll have enough sense to know there's two sides to every story, and be willing to listen. Good luck to you both!!

myempyreofdirt
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
If I were him, I would just say that he loves them and always wanted them. If they ask he can answer honestly. I just think it's best to avoid being the source of drama and hurt feelings if he can help it. At the same time it's obviously important to him that they know he wanted to be there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:45 AM
6 moms liked this
Noone can keep you from your kids if you don't allow it.
nanny1918
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Didn't he have a court order to see his kids ?
quickbooksworm
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:04 AM
5 moms liked this
He should apologize for not being there. Regardless of what she did, he chose not to fight for them and she is the one who raised them. Bad mouthing her is not going to get him anywhere.
aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I would say he loves them very much, and wants to be there for him and always had. That there are circumstances with their mother that they don't know about that prevented him from being able to do so before, and leave it at that. If they have questions about what happened then be open and honest with them, but if not then don't spread drama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Thank you sounds like a good starting place

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting nanny1918: Didn't he have a court order to see his kids ?

He would go to pick them up and she would call the cops everytime and say he threatened her or hit her. And when he was made to leave she would have a smirk on her face just for him. She would try to get him in any kind of trouble she could just to cause him pain and hurt. And when they went to court if was he said she said, and they always sided with her. He doesn't have a mean bone in his body. I have pushed the limits with him through the years and he has never ever even wanted to raise a hand to me or our kids. He woun't even have a good old arguement with me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2014 at 1:42 PM

So what shall I tell him to put in his letters? Where should I start? He is a good man, He doesn't deserve no more pain in his life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)