Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Gender disappointment

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
I'm curious about how prevalent gender disappointment is. Were you disappointed in the gender of any of your children? Was your DH/SO? Why or why not?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I think everybody had their "drathers" (you know, I'd rather have a ....), but 10 fingers, 10 toes, healthy head and heart is pretty much what is all that's really hoped for.

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:51 PM
I never experienced it with my kids. I understand why some could.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:11 PM

No after having 3 mc not at all . We are blessed and can't wait for this guy to be here 

ready4happiness
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:21 PM
With my second child I was hoping for a son. It was my husbands first. I cried when I heard it was a girl. He didn't care as long as she was healthy. I wouldn't trade her for the world. She and her sister are everything to me.
livia1025
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:45 PM

I was with my first daughter.  I really wanted a boy, but I love having a girl.  Currently pregnant with our 2nd daughter, was hoping for a boy because my in-laws have no grandson's.  But I was totally happy with either one.  I just wanted a 2nd baby.  My husband had no preference.  He's happy with healthy babies.  

rrm136
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:09 PM

My fiancĂ© and I hoped for a boy... Then found out we were having twins - one of each.  Two of one gender would have been cheaper (sharing more items), but we are happy with our family nonetheless.  

myempyreofdirt
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:16 PM
No. We were kind of hoping for a boy, but we also believe we will have the children we are meant to have. I would feel a little nervous if we had a girl, but I know I'd love her just as much as another son.
JaeSung
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:22 PM
I wasn't disappointed in having had a son at all. I had no preference. This time around, I can't say. I just don't know how I'll feel.
Pagan_Mommy84
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 4:36 AM

Hmm...well, with my twins, I thought it would be cool to have them be a boy and a girl and I'd have both in one big bang lol.  When I found out they were two boys, I had no gender dissappointment at all, I loved it.  With this pregnancy, In a way I hoped for a girl because this is my last baby and it'd be nice to be able to do both the boy thing and the girl thing :)  DH wanted a boy, this is his first bilogical and last baby.  On the other hand, I hoped it was a boy because DH's mom died of breast cancer years ago.  We're having a little girl...DH had a little gender dissappointment, but now he's very excited :) I'm a little scared though because of his mom having breast cancer, so I'll be having a long talk with her doc once she gets here.  

Pregnancy Ticker
reindeer-c
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 6:52 AM

We have 3 boys. My last pregnancy I wanted to have a girl for my mother-in law. My husband is her only child and she would have loved a grandaughter. I actually in my heart new I wanted a boy because I already had 2 boys. The 3rd boy was just better for our family dynamic. My husband really wanted another boy too. I feel bad that my wonderful mother-in-law did not get the opportunity to have a female grandchild, but I was NOT having another baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)