Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugh. why is it my fault? why should I have taken the call in another room?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:24 AM
  • 18 Replies
Just because you didn't want to know yet, maybe. And I thought you were asleep?

Tired of being made to feel everything I do is wrong.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MSJAP2010
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:31 AM

If you thought someone was asleep, then yes, you should have taken the call in the other room. It shows respect for the person sleeping. If I get a call while my husband or kids are sleeping, I take it in the other room so I don't disturb them while they are trying to sleep

JaeSung
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:38 AM
No. See. He's a heavy sleeper. Plus he has taken calls when I've been asleep. And he wasn't upset about me taking the call and not leaving the room.

He was upset because it was to tell me about chromosomal test results, and also the sex of the baby. He said he may not have wanted to know, yet.
GremlinMom
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Shouldn't yall have already talked about knowing the sex?!! It's still rude to take the call around a sleeping person. He's obviously not as heavy a sleeper as you say.
JaeSung
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Excuse me! I had just barely woke up myself! So obviously I was not going to be thinking as clearly as I would have later on in the day.

And we don't talk about it at all. He still isn't 100% with it. So if he brings it up, then I talk to him.

And oh yeah, he is. If I try to wake him up, it takes a long time.
offrdngal
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Which room was he sleeping in? If it was the bedroom, then maybe you could have gone in to a different (not that you should have to). If he was sleeping in the living room, you definitely shouldn't have had to go to a different room. In my opinion, he can get over it and glad again.

JaeSung
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this
We were both sleeping in the bedroom. I had just woken up so going into another room hadn't even occurred to me. I was still half asleep.

I am hoping he'll get over it. It's not like I intentionally set out to upset him by him knowing before he wanted to.
JaeSung
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:36 PM
Turns out the only reason he didn't want to know just so he could have a betting pool going. To get money to help with baby stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 3:18 PM

It is not your fault. 

JaeSung
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Thank you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:38 PM

What a dumbass thing to get upset about.  He needs to grow up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)