Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aaaaaand my sympathy just went out the Window.

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:46 PM
  • 4 Replies
For those of you who don't know I live in the UK. I'm watching the Sport Relief appeal/documentary, 4 celebrities are going to live with 4 families for a week who cannot afford food. I'm disgusted that in this country there are people who worked their whole life and payed taxes, got ill/injured and can only afford to eat once a day. People with young children who have £2.30 a week left over to buy food. It's sickening.

3 of the 4 families I feel bad for. But this one woman is making me want to slap her. She is a widow and feeds herself and two teen dds on less than £8 a week. She had a stroke and ended up indebt after going to a loan shark in desperation. So why don't I feel bad for her? She has a giant ass dog, I know dogs are family too but it eats better than her dds do. But most of all she spends £3 on cigarettes EVERY OTHER DAY.

Ugh. Right now she's making instant pasta packets and chopping sausage into it to feed her family. How much better ccould they eat, how many other rooms could they heat in the house if she wasn't so selfish?? She can't work because she had the stroke too, smoking isn't exactly going to help with that.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Carebear0810
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Jeeze no Joke. I love my dog she is "spoiled" acording to my husband cuz i give her table scraps but there is no way my dog is gonna eat better then my family. and between food for your family and smokes for you, im sorry time to stop smoking, its not about you. with all these health problems she has you think she would think of what want is stronger her kids wanting her around as long as possible or her craving for a cig. 

EntrepeneurMom
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Dogs should never just be dumped like a material item but if my ds had nothing for breakfast and only instant pasta for lunch and dinner I would find the pet a new home asap

Quoting Carebear0810:

Jeeze no Joke. I love my dog she is "spoiled" acording to my husband cuz i give her table scraps but there is no way my dog is gonna eat better then my family. and between food for your family and smokes for you, im sorry time to stop smoking, its not about you. with all these health problems she has you think she would think of what want is stronger her kids wanting her around as long as possible or her craving for a cig. 

Carebear0810
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:37 PM

I'm just hung up on the cigarettes. i know here you can buy a meal at a restaurant for the amount of a pack of cigarettes. heck i can go grocery shopping for a month on the price of a carton here. that's just mind blowing she has her priorities so askew  

Quoting EntrepeneurMom: Dogs should never just be dumped like a material item but if my ds had nothing for breakfast and only instant pasta for lunch and dinner I would find the pet a new home asap
Quoting Carebear0810:

EntrepeneurMom
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Even better - they were Russian bootleg cigs, 20 for £3. I can only imagine what's in them.... but £3 every other day is £9-12 a week. In theory, they could feed all 3 of them for about 3 days on that depending on what they bought.

Quoting Carebear0810:

I'm just hung up on the cigarettes. i know here you can buy a meal at a restaurant for the amount of a pack of cigarettes. heck i can go grocery shopping for a month on the price of a carton here. that's just mind blowing she has her priorities so askew  

Quoting EntrepeneurMom: Dogs should never just be dumped like a material item but if my ds had nothing for breakfast and only instant pasta for lunch and dinner I would find the pet a new home asap

Quoting Carebear0810:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)