Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Catholic hypocrisy

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:07 PM
  • 5 Replies
I'd like to vent over a couple of Catholic beliefs.
1). Having to take a class on marriage, taught by a priest, who can never be married himself.
2) in the Book of Matthew, it says (and I'm paraphrasing) that when you pray, don't stand up and announce that you're praying, or being charitable. Do it privately, and anonymously. Then why have vigils at abortion clinics?

Thanks for listening.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Just be a bad or cafeteria catholic and believe what you feel is right to you and be done with it. Most ttat I know do.  Including myself.

You are taking things far too literally and must have have a very simpletons beginners education of all things catholic.

And if you are not even catholic - then go pound sand.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
1)Took Pre Cana (marriage class) - Taught by a couple married over 25 years.
2)Praying outside abortion clinics to be a visible presence that there is an alternative to killing a baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just be a bad or cafeteria catholic and believe what you feel is right to you and be done with it. Most ttat I know do.  Including myself.

You are taking things far too literally and must have have a very simpletons beginners education of all things catholic.

DMac08
by New Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:45 PM
How very Christian of you. Thank you for your input. I feel much more informed now.

Quoting Anonymous:

luvmygrndhg
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Quoting DMac08: I'd like to vent over a couple of Catholic beliefs. 1). Having to take a class on marriage, taught by a priest, who can never be married himself.
Believe it or not, priests are very knowleadeable and by virtue of having to listen to countless parishioners about their marital problems they know what we go through.  They're also well educated in counseling.  Also, they are able to give their undivided attention to your spiritual needs because they don't have to worry about a wife and kids.  Just google "pastor's wives support group" or "preacher's kid syndrome" to see how wise it is for a Catholic pastor to not serve 2 masters (family and congregation).
2) in the Book of Matthew, it says (and I'm paraphrasing) that when you pray, don't stand up and announce that you're praying, or being charitable. Do it privately, and anonymously. Then why have vigils at abortion clinics? Thanks for listening.
The prayer vigils are to raise awareness to the plight of the unborn.  In this case it has to be a public witness to defend lives.  There have been so many stories of babies that have been saved from abortion by having these prayer warriors outside the clinics.  They are not there to be seen as "holy" for praying but to be a visible reminder to people going to an abortion clinic, that the baby is a life, and that there is a God that sees everything, and that we will not be silent in the face of injustice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Where do you get your info?  The marriage classes are taught by married couples.  Priests only play a part in it. 

Quoting DMac08: I'd like to vent over a couple of Catholic beliefs. 1). Having to take a class on marriage, taught by a priest, who can never be married himself. 2) in the Book of Matthew, it says (and I'm paraphrasing) that when you pray, don't stand up and announce that you're praying, or being charitable. Do it privately, and anonymously. Then why have vigils at abortion clinics? Thanks for listening.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)