Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young adult children

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:44 PM
  • 0 Replies

I am 43 just newly in my second marriage to a man I have been dating for 5 years.  I have 2 children of my own age 25 and 23.  He has 2 children age 23 and 14.  My parents have accepted his children into my family with open arms and treat them as if they were their own.  My mom sends all the grand kids holiday cards with a small gift inside be it a gas card, mc Donald's gift card etc.  my own biological children have been raised to thank anyone that sends something to them to show respect and appreciation.  My new husbands children have not been raised with the same values.   We have expressed several times to both of my new husbands children that they need to call my parents when they receive something special just as an acknowledgment they appreciate the gesture.  You would think a 23 yr old young adult would know to say thank you without being told.  What happened to parenting today and what happened to the respect for adults in general.  How do I nicely approach this with the 23 yr old?

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)