Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

What did I do wrong? Long but I'm really upset :(

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:26 PM
  • 64 Replies
Hubby works out of town so this week my daughter and I have been spending the week in the hotel with him. Well today she and I came home early while he worked and he just came home after he got off. Around 5 his mom asked me if I wanted to go to dinner with her and his dad I let him know and he said have fun. The entire time were at dinner he's texting me and being all sweet and everything was fine and normal. I got something for him to eat and brought it back to his parents house where we were all hanging out. He meets us over there and has the nastiest attitude, didn't give me a kiss, didn't say hi to anyone, giving everyone attitude, didn't saying thank you for bringing him dinner, just being plain mean. Well then I'm like let's just go home (cause obviously he doesn't want to be there) he says you don't HAVE to do everything I do jumps in the truck and speeds off even his brother was concerned about what was going on (we live across the street from his parents). I get in my truck and come home walk in the door and he hasn't said but 2 words to me. Seriously he said two words to me got in the bed turned the tv on and ignored me. What did I do wrong?? Everything was fine until he got to his parents house. I sat in the truck and cried
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Purgatorian
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:45 PM
10 moms liked this
Tell your overgrown child to come and talk to you when he can act like the adult man you married. The silent/hissy fit attitude is only digging himself a deeper hole. That's what I do with mine when he pulls that shit.

Thankfully he learned the lesson. I just go on about my business, but the longer he waits, the more difficult I become to make up to. I have no problem anymore yelling at him like an unruly child out in public when he behaves like one.

Put on your mommy attitude,because really isn't that what he is acting like? A child?
cgibson2
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:46 PM
Wow, have you asked him what his problem is? I mean, there's got to be more than "you don't have to do everything I do"... Has he given you attitude like this before? Talk to him, see what's going on with him. Maybe he's just grumpy...who knows. As for you, nope, sounds like you did okay to me, but that's just me though.

Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:47 PM
I would definitely ask him wtf is wrong ?

Quoting kennas-mama13: Hubby works out of town so this week my daughter and I have been spending the week in the hotel with him. Well today she and I came home early while he worked and he just came home after he got off. Around 5 his mom asked me if I wanted to go to dinner with her and his dad I let him know and he said have fun. The entire time were at dinner he's texting me and being all sweet and everything was fine and normal. I got something for him to eat and brought it back to his parents house where we were all hanging out. He meets us over there and has the nastiest attitude, didn't give me a kiss, didn't say hi to anyone, giving everyone attitude, didn't saying thank you for bringing him dinner, just being plain mean. Well then I'm like let's just go home (cause obviously he doesn't want to be there) he says you don't HAVE to do everything I do jumps in the truck and speeds off even his brother was concerned about what was going on (we live across the street from his parents). I get in my truck and come home walk in the door and he hasn't said but 2 words to me. Seriously he said two words to me got in the bed turned the tv on and ignored me. What did I do wrong?? Everything was fine until he got to his parents house. I sat in the truck and cried
Pukalani79
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:33 AM
3 moms liked this

When something's bothering him, my DH needs space.  Give him some space and when he's calmed down talk to him about it.  Nothing good is going to happen when you both are upset

ready4happiness
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Maybe he felt left out. Sorry. I wish you the best.
kennas-mama13
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
You're right he is acting like a child... A big man child. If that's how he wants to act then that's how I will treat him

Quoting Purgatorian: Tell your overgrown child to come and talk to you when he can act like the adult man you married. The silent/hissy fit attitude is only digging himself a deeper hole. That's what I do with mine when he pulls that shit.

Thankfully he learned the lesson. I just go on about my business, but the longer he waits, the more difficult I become to make up to. I have no problem anymore yelling at him like an unruly child out in public when he behaves like one.

Put on your mommy attitude,because really isn't that what he is acting like? A child?
kennas-mama13
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 9:14 AM
Yeah I asked him if I did anything wrong, if he's ok, what's wrong and I get the same reply "nothing kassi" or "it's not always about you" maybe he was just grumpy but idk how he is today he's been across the street at his parents house all morning. The problem is he gets like this and then won't talk to me :(

Quoting cgibson2: Wow, have you asked him what his problem is? I mean, there's got to be more than "you don't have to do everything I do"... Has he given you attitude like this before? Talk to him, see what's going on with him. Maybe he's just grumpy...who knows. As for you, nope, sounds like you did okay to me, but that's just me though.

Good luck!
kennas-mama13
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 9:15 AM
I did :( he just said nothing

Quoting Anonymous: I would definitely ask him wtf is wrong ?

Quoting kennas-mama13: Hubby works out of town so this week my daughter and I have been spending the week in the hotel with him. Well today she and I came home early while he worked and he just came home after he got off. Around 5 his mom asked me if I wanted to go to dinner with her and his dad I let him know and he said have fun. The entire time were at dinner he's texting me and being all sweet and everything was fine and normal. I got something for him to eat and brought it back to his parents house where we were all hanging out. He meets us over there and has the nastiest attitude, didn't give me a kiss, didn't say hi to anyone, giving everyone attitude, didn't saying thank you for bringing him dinner, just being plain mean. Well then I'm like let's just go home (cause obviously he doesn't want to be there) he says you don't HAVE to do everything I do jumps in the truck and speeds off even his brother was concerned about what was going on (we live across the street from his parents). I get in my truck and come home walk in the door and he hasn't said but 2 words to me. Seriously he said two words to me got in the bed turned the tv on and ignored me. What did I do wrong?? Everything was fine until he got to his parents house. I sat in the truck and cried
kennas-mama13
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Yeah that's what I'm doing he's been at his parents house all morning

Quoting Pukalani79:

When something's bothering him, my DH needs space.  Give him some space and when he's calmed down talk to him about it.  Nothing good is going to happen when you both are upset

kennas-mama13
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 9:18 AM
That's what I thought too but I've hung out with his parents before without him and he was fine with it

Quoting ready4happiness: Maybe he felt left out. Sorry. I wish you the best.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)