Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Can't believe DH said this

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
After losing 20 pounds since February 2013, I gained about 5 back. I'm 5'3" and have always had chunky legs and calves. My thighs got smaller but calves stayed the same.

I was trying on a dress for a cousin's wedding in May and asked DH what he thought. Looked me up and down, "starting to get a little cankly, baby."

Speechless. Said, they've always been this way. I have Body Dysmorphia, and I know I'm sensitive about stupid things but his response to my same-size "cankles"?

"Wow. Genetics are not good to you."

Are you f*cking KIDDING me? All I could do was storm out, grabbed a pillow and blanket to sleep on the couch. He went to bed. No apology or anything. Am I overreacting?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 3:35 AM
Replies (31-40):
fostermommy1
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:46 AM

That was hurtful.  Men don't think before they speak.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:49 AM
So I have the opposite problem as you. When I want an honest answer he gives me a generic "You look pretty in everything", when a I want him to do is acknowledge that I am not imagining my muffin top.
DixonBabies
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:53 AM

YOu asked...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

You gotta love how people act like it was entirely appropriate for him to say that just because you asked his opinion...

I mean I get that the truth hurts, but do we tell our friends, our loved ones, people that we are supposed to "love" that they are fat or ugly or whatever may be blatantly obvious just because they ask our opinion?  Generally not, we may soften the blow a bit to ease the hit... But "genetics in not good to you" is not softening the blow, even if it is true.

I swear, you gotta wonder how some people were raised.

mjmorrison
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:36 AM

when asked those kind of questions my dh always replies with "I refuse to answer that because any answer I might give will be held against me for the rest of my life".

Miss.MandyLynn
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:40 AM
You picked him
SaintJudes
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:14 PM

No I would have been pissed. 

SaintJudes
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Im tryin gto see his motive here..i would say then why did you marry me

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Sounds like my ex-h.  =/

Yeah, I'd be upset, too.  Only I would have sent HIM to the couch!  Not giving up MY nice comfy bed because he chose to be an a-hole.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:25 PM
He would have gotten slapped!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)