Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Can't believe DH said this

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
After losing 20 pounds since February 2013, I gained about 5 back. I'm 5'3" and have always had chunky legs and calves. My thighs got smaller but calves stayed the same.

I was trying on a dress for a cousin's wedding in May and asked DH what he thought. Looked me up and down, "starting to get a little cankly, baby."

Speechless. Said, they've always been this way. I have Body Dysmorphia, and I know I'm sensitive about stupid things but his response to my same-size "cankles"?

"Wow. Genetics are not good to you."

Are you f*cking KIDDING me? All I could do was storm out, grabbed a pillow and blanket to sleep on the couch. He went to bed. No apology or anything. Am I overreacting?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 18, 2014 at 3:35 AM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you fucking kidding me? Apparently your ok with your man acting like a total dick. Have fun in that marriage. 

Quoting Anonymous: You asked an opinion and got an honest answer and now you're pissed, amazing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:27 PM
I have a fabulous marriage thanks, I guess she shouldn't ask questions if she cannot handle the truth.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you fucking kidding me? Apparently your ok with your man acting like a total dick. Have fun in that marriage. 

Quoting Anonymous: You asked an opinion and got an honest answer and now you're pissed, amazing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Or perhaps he could learn to be not an ass. If he really thinks she looks that way and is willing to treat her like he is a complete ass then why the hell is he with her. But hey, if you want to be told that your ass if fact or that your ankles looks like shit then by all means please to enjoy being emotionally abused by someone who is supposed to treat you good for the rest of your life. 

Quoting Anonymous: I have a fabulous marriage thanks, I guess she shouldn't ask questions if she cannot handle the truth.
Quoting Anonymous:

VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:38 PM

He has insensitive prick syndrome. He wasn't being honest he was being mean. I'm sure you look great he married you didn't he?

EsmeVincent
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Oh hell no! His ass would be on the sofa not me
Lynette
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:48 PM
You have every right to be upset. That was uncalled for.
momoftwo0406
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:51 PM
What a ass hole.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2014 at 12:49 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

so how much do you weigh after the weight loss?  If you have cankles you have cankles.  Get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2014 at 12:55 AM
He's never made seriously hurtful comments like that before. Usually, he knows I'm being ridiculous and jokes to make me laugh, but this wasn't one of those moments.

Quoting Anonymous: Why are you with such a jackass? He knows you have bidy dysmorphia and still says crap like that?!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Mar. 20, 2014 at 3:25 AM
1 mom liked this

My dh made a comment about my weight once. I drug him to the gym with me for a solid week straight and made him do an exercise routine with me that was pretty intense to lose some of the weight I started gaining and I never heard another complaint about my weight again even when I would put on 10-15 pounds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN