Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Birthday Party Advice Please (piog)

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 2:02 PM
  • 7 Replies

Feedback/advice appreciated: Trini will be turning 4 end of April and wants to have her first birthday party with friends. We want to keep the cost down since she is so young and probably won't remember the party a few years from now (and we are cheap, lol). We have done the park district for my older son, but that is $200+. <p> <p>

Any ideas for lower cost options? We were thinking a party at the park with a pinata and cake, but were worried that would come off cheesy and also, the whole weather issue. We are considering  a home party and rent a bounce house, but that would be weather dependent too. Maybe a home party with a magician? <p> <p>

What are your honest thoughts/opinions? Any other ideas? TIA! :)

by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MommyKir
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Do a crayola theme. You can go to the dollar store, and get plastic buckets each a different color, fill it with coloring/craftyitems, or even theme it to color for each kid, as the favors. Thats a cheap way. Also have it be a craft party, set up different crafts, If its a party at a park, you can bring, disposible pie pans, and bag of cement ($10)and a toss away paint stick and bucket, and another bucket of water. mix the cement and pour it into the pie pans, have each child place their hand in it and press down enough to leave a print. Let them play and eat etc while it dries, if you get quick dry it will be done in an hour or two. And then they can paint their hand print. they can then bring it home with them. The parents will love the stepping stones. You can also buy those glass beads, and have the kids border their stepping stones with them. while wet. To rent the pavilion in our local park its $50 for the whole day. And the kids can run around a playground. You could also, get just cheap craft stuff and let the kids do whatever with it. Do t-shirt with the raised t-shirt glue, markers. etc...There are tons of cheap ways to do a party.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 18, 2014 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

A party at your house with a bounce house, if the weather is bad you could have the party in your house.

MANDY26325
by New Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Thank you for the great ideas! :)

chariot71226
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:20 PM

A book exchange party. No presents, everyone brings a book to exchange. You'd probably want to have a few extra on hand in case someone doesn't bring one.

Nothing wrong with a regular old playdate party. Get out some toys for the kids to play. Eat cake and ice cream. If the wheather is good they can play outside with some balls or tag or something. Don't need to spend much money.

DACIA79
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:23 PM
You can reserve Pizza Hut for free. You just have to buy the pizza of course.
nanny1918
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 12:27 PM
I've thrown over 60 birthday parties for my kids. I'm getting ready for one this Saturday. My youngest is turning 15.
I've been stressing, are we going to have enough food, the right food, what if it rains, what movie should we rent ?
I talked to my son about it last night. His advice, the simpler the better so I can enjoy it too.
A party in the park, cake and a pinata is always a good idea. Don't forget to rent a pavilion. Just in case it rains.
Don't forget, the simpler the better so you can enjoy it too
:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN