Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Well I feel like a total a**hole.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
4 moms liked this
When I was pregnant my Sil would clean out her car and I would see all the crumbs and stuff in the back seat where her ds's car seat was....I always said I'd never let my kids eat in the car, I bagged on her for a bunch of stuff saying that my kid would never do it.....She even told me once "you say that now but when you actually have your baby your tune will be different". She was right...I have all these crumbs in my back seat, my ds does things I said he'd never do...and I just feel like an ass now.....
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dusty_707
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

just apologize!! but things happens.. my car is always a mess bc we basically live in our cars bc we drive so much.  so unless you are a total control and neat freak its going to happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:32 PM
It's been almost a year....

Quoting dusty_707:

just apologize!! but things happens.. my car is always a mess bc we basically live in our cars bc we drive so much.  so unless you are a total control and neat freak its going to happen.

poisonedtaco
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:52 PM

I don't let my kids eat in the car... but my husband lets everyone eat in the car... drives me crazy!!!

ff-princess
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 9:37 AM
7 moms liked this

but it's still the right thing to do.  couch it in over-the-top astonishment... "hey, Judy?  do you remember before Junior was born when I was all like, "I'm not going to do this, or crumbs, or that?"  she'll say yes, followed by you saying, "how ever did you manage not to beat the snot out of me for presuming to know everything about parenting?  thanks for not saying, "I told you so."  then you can both laugh about it.

Quoting Anonymous: It's been almost a year....
Quoting dusty_707:

StarLight23
by Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 9:47 AM
I would say something like this! It would still be nice for you to apologize. OP, is this the only reason why you two haven't talked?
Quoting ff-princess:

but it's still the right thing to do.  couch it in over-the-top astonishment... "hey, Judy?  do you remember before Junior was born when I was all like, "I'm not going to do this, or crumbs, or that?"  she'll say yes, followed by you saying, "how ever did you manage not to beat the  out of me for presuming to know everything about parenting?  thanks for not saying, "I told you so."  then you can both laugh about it.

Quoting dusty_707:

mom2rhea-ann
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 11:38 AM

NO ONE eats in my car 30k car. I DO NOT THINK SO!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2014 at 12:03 PM

we do talk,but its just like she either forgot about all that i said or she just didnt want to say anything about it

Quoting StarLight23: I would say something like this! It would still be nice for you to apologize. OP, is this the only reason why you two haven't talked?
Quoting ff-princess:

but it's still the right thing to do.  couch it in over-the-top astonishment... "hey, Judy?  do you remember before Junior was born when I was all like, "I'm not going to do this, or crumbs, or that?"  she'll say yes, followed by you saying, "how ever did you manage not to beat the  out of me for presuming to know everything about parenting?  thanks for not saying, "I told you so."  then you can both laugh about it.

Quoting dusty_707:

STVUstudent
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 1:34 PM

LOL... I think that many of us can relate.  Pre-children, I always swore I would never be "that mom" (pick a topic LOL)... now that I have been "enlightened" by two 6 year olds and a 5 year old, well, let's just say that I have a different outlook on things...

I just traded in my mini-van for a newer model... once upon a time, the goldfish and cheerios and broken crayons and other detritus would have embarassed me to no end.  Now?  "Here's the keys.  My, this new van smells nice." Vrooom.

Colandrea
by New Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Apologizing should be easy enough and who doesn't like to hear that they were right!!!

Just tell her that you were really clueless and how right she was!   Have a good laugh together and make a date to clean your cars together!!!   I couldn't believe that my precious grand daughters could mess up a car so quickly and unbelievably...  We all need to be kinder with each other and forgiving.  These life lessons make for great stories down the road - and believe me everyone experiences this chaos and has a moment of denial.

It is just life - just kids - just stuff.....and it really doesn't matter.  Don't be so hard on yourself - just laugh it off and get back on track with each other.  We all have these Aha moments - every generation seems to go through this initiation of realizing that we don't have perfect children and we aren't perfect ourselves.  Go laugh about this over a glass of wine!!!!!

wickedfunmom
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I think a lot of us end up doing things we said we would "never do" .... we tend to know everything about parenting until we actually become parents. don't sweat it.. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)