Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

really freaking out

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:44 AM
  • 50 Replies
I can't find the food stamps card. We have no essentials. I made an emergency packet of muffins, the kind you add water to because we have no milk. I am in between jobs, start a new one Monday and dont get paid for 3 weeks. I can NOT afford to pay cash right now. Every cent is for gasoline to get to and from work. The kids bday party is tomorrow and all i was going to serve was cupcakes and juice and I can't! Because I can't buy the cakes from the bakery and I don't have milk or eggs to make them from scratch. Ug. This is so stupid!! It's such a tiny house!!! Where could it hide?!?!?!

Before anyone asks, no, i don't have someone who can help out.
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Go down to the PA office today and request another card. They can give you one the same day right there at the office. Good luck!:)

GremlinMom
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:11 PM
No, it takes like a week and a half

Quoting Anonymous:

Go down to the PA office today and request another card. They can give you one the same day right there at the office. Good luck!:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

bottom of your purse

stuck to another card or in a different pocket

in between receipts or other papers

under a seat in the car, drawer, couch cushion

GremlinMom
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:24 PM
I have seriously checked all these odd places, I look well. I pulled it out of my jean pocket and placed it on top of the cash I found, on the counter next to the washer. I know the cash made it back into my wallet, but the cards whereabouts are eluding me. I moved the washer and stove away from the counter to look all around. Checked behind and under the items on the counters. Looked at all the places I've placed it before, like on top of the dvds, I even looked in the cases in case it slipped into the plastic cover.

Quoting Anonymous:

bottom of your purse

stuck to another card or in a different pocket

in between receipts or other papers

under a seat in the car, drawer, couch cushion

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Wow, that sucks! I am in Los Angeles and if you lose your card they give you another the same day.

Quoting GremlinMom: No, it takes like a week and a half
Quoting Anonymous:

GremlinMom
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:33 PM
I wish. I went on the website to see if you were right and it said to call a number, they will freeze the account and it will take a week to get it in the mail. I would like to order another one in case I don't find it, but...what if I find it?! Then I can't use it for a damn week, if the mail is on time. That's ridiculous.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow, that sucks! I am in Los Angeles and if you lose your card they give you another the same day.

Quoting Anonymous:

m.garcia21
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:38 PM
What was the last place you used it at
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:39 PM

That is ridiculous. Once I thought I had lost mine but it turned out there was a hole in my sweatpants pocket and the card fell into the lining of my sweatpants! Unfortunately, I found this out AFTER I went and I had stood in a long ass line to  pick up a replacement at the PA office. :/

Quoting GremlinMom: I wish. I went on the website to see if you were right and it said to call a number, they will freeze the account and it will take a week to get it in the mail. I would like to order another one in case I don't find it, but...what if I find it?! Then I can't use it for a damn week, if the mail is on time. That's ridiculous.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Hope you find it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Check the kids rooms. My dd always goes through my wallet and takes out my credit cards and debit cards. I always find them in her room!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)