Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I hardly post of fb, but today deserved a vent!!

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:02 PM
  • 5 Replies
To the HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of drivers who drove by the accident this morning on 280 north of Foothill Expressway—did you think twice about it? Did you even wonder about the woman clearly still in the front seat of her car, airbag deployed, engine spewing steam, fluids leaking everywhere, front end totaled? Did you even think of stopping to see if she was okay? What was so important?... What’s more important than people? It doesn’t take training to say “Are you okay?” “Do you need help?” “Everything’s going to be alright, I won’t leave you.” I wish I could say this is the first time I’ve come upon an accident and helped and saw that no one else ever stopped—or even the second time or the third. Why don’t you care enough to just find out if that crying, scared, confused person is okay? What if it was you? Why do Good Samaritan stories have to be so rare? We should be overflowing with them. Is this what humanity is now—too busy with your latte to even call 911?
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Rosehawk
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:34 PM
3 moms liked this

Because too many Good Samaritans have been sued, and lost. Because there have been too many news stories of people staging accident scenes for nefarious purposes. Because the majority of humanity is too self-absorbed to stop and help someone else.

There are a lot of reasons why people don't stop and help anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:35 AM
4 moms liked this

I'll gladly call 911 for you, but that would be the extent of my involvement in a scene I had no business in.  I'm not a professional, the most I could do is perform CPR or mouth-to-mouth.  and I'm not performing mouth-to-mouth on anyone I don't personally know without an ambu bag.  I can't remove the victim from the vehicle, for fear of causing further damage.  so I'll dial 911 on my way past, but don't expect me to stop and offer assistance because that's just not happening.  the cops and ambulance will get there at the same time if I call while I'm travelling as they will if I stop to call.

nurse1997
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:47 PM

I dont ever stop I call 911 as I am passing !!!!!

little.worthen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:48 PM
This.. Too many staged accidents and people getting used for helping

Quoting nurse1997:

I dont ever stop I call 911 as I am passing !!!!!

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
It is sad. If it is safe for me to stop, I will.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)