Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

AND the Social Woker says .....3rd times the charm EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
2 moms liked this

So im at work and my dh is at home with our two beautiful smart girls 7 months and just turned 4. He is giving the baby a bath and in no more than ten mintues my 4year old is outside and taken directly to the asshole apartement office. Not only is this the third time shes gotten out of a locked house and yesturday we just changed the front door knob so she couldn't even turn it but our social worker just yesturday closed our case verbatum her words "you dont need me in your life" (yup thats right you get a social worker when your daughter excapes your house). FML right

But how did she get out you ask. by using a butter knife and a crafting popsicle stick to break the lock on one of the four sliding glass doors. Yes i said break the lock WTF houdini you wanted to pick flowers that badly dear Jesus WTF child i love you but damn

These sliding glass doors are a bitch for dh, BIL, Social woker, and i to open let alone my four year old or so we thought. Aparently only four year olds can get out of them. Dont know what we're goning to do to fix it so she cant get out. Not to mention if she can break out this easy how easy is it for somone to break in?

Police officer was dumb founded and tryed to fix it but couldnt

Thats right the police also come to your house. freaking the lady at the leasing office is such a bitch she tells my husband why didnt you just lock her in the bathroom with you and i have two kids too you just have to watch them every second. But what she said to take the bitchness cake was A) no you can not take her till the police arrive (shes my daughter go fuck yourself) and B) i have ethnic kids too their latin mixed you just have to brush their hair once a week    (ok so my daughter among like five other races is 1/4 black and she has a big kinky spot in her hair just like me it gets nappy everyday no matter what all she has to do is go to sleep)

Just because she is olive toned with blond curly hair dosent mean shes white

They are just some lieing evil snitches there at the leasing office one example last month we were without hot water for a week because it took them a week to fix the water heater and then the water bill which they calculate and we pay to them. It went from 25-30 dollars to 60 i call bs on that we barley used the water that month because of them and then our water bill doubbles WTF

anyway getting off topic but seriously FML and sory so long

Thank all of you understaning momies for the advice and we are going to buy a top lock for the sliding doors and an alarm for them 

But we've had those bars since we've moved in and i have a feeling that she might be able to figure a way to reach them since she can reach not only the top of the fridge but the cabniet over the stove 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:12 AM
That sucks
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:12 AM
Sounds like a problem....
thefiregoddess
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:17 AM
5 moms liked this
Sounds like you need a dictionary. I couldn't even get half way through.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:18 AM
5 moms liked this
You can buy little alarms for your doors. They will go off when she opens the door. My children getting out is one of my fears, you just never know who is lerking around your place and anything can happen to them. They have never left the house without me but the first time they did I would buy those alarms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh and you need to find a different place to live if you apartment manager is being like that.

Quoting Anonymous: You can buy little alarms for your doors. They will go off when she opens the door. My children getting out is one of my fears, you just never know who is lerking around your place and anything can happen to them. They have never left the house without me but the first time they did I would buy those alarms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter was an escape artist, too.  It became such a problem I couldn't even go to the bathroom without taking her with me.  Once, she even woke up in the middle of the night, and used a butter knife to pry the chain from the wall so she could go out and "look at the stars".  I'd never heard of a 3 yr old being able to unlock a door that requires a key... without having the key... before my DD.  She'll grow out of it.  Unfortunately, the only way that'll happen is a LOT of serious conversations about what might happen to her.  Next time, it may not be the leasing office that catches her, it may be a creeper.  And even though she's young, you may need to explain that next time, whoever finds her, may not ever bring her back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Our children were the same. Escape artist, but ours escape artists would leave two and three in the morning. The police suggested a eye and hook lock system placed high enough so they ccouldn't reach it. It worked. No more escaping.

TrinitaSimmons
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Wow sorry to hear that. I would buy the alarms for the doors like someone else suggested
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 22, 2014 at 2:37 PM

How about an extra lock at a high height. The kid keeps getting out so someone stepped in. It's not as though your kid was inside and they called the cops. You know there are kids who aren't taken care of, people aren't mind readers. 

m.garcia21
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Put a stick between the sliding doors, the manager did sound like a bitch but its not bad idea to take her into the rr while he showers the other baby, or maybe even wait for you to get there before he showers the baby
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)