Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

she stole my dd's pic !

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:05 AM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this

annoyed bc dd's fathers so took my daughters pic off of Facebook and made it her cover photo no im not friends with her she is blocked but a friend that is also friends with her dd's father was tagged in the pic .... so that's how she got it .. well i reported it to fb and instead of taking it down they blocked my ip address from being able to see her page ... but i don't want this girl that has never meet my daughter to have her pics on her page .... dd's father is marring her after only dating for 6m and only seeing her every other weekend bc she lives 4 hours away so clearly he doesn't even know her that well ! just frustrated i want her pic down and idk how to get fb to do it !

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
karlamousse4
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:09 AM
3 moms liked this
Wow. I cant believe that that's how fb decided to handle this. I have no advice it help to give but good luck :/
ladytweet
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this

i talked to my lawyer after talking to a few friends they said its illegal bc she is my child and they can have a lawsuit .. hoping it will get taken car of 

NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:10 PM

google "cute girl holding sign"

The first little blonde that usually pops up (jean jacket, headband) is my daughters best friend stephanie.  It was copied from face book and has been used on countless web pages and facebook pages with no permission.  The sign is photo shopped to say things like "my mom has cancer, please help me raise money"  and "like me if you love jesus" (stolen by a christian website LOL) and many others.

Be glad its one pic.  call facebook and just have them take it down.

ladytweet
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:33 PM

i reported it and they blocked my ip address from her page !!! they wont do anything n its my dd she has no right !!! im pissed 

Quoting NDADanceMom:

The first little blonde that usually pops up (jean jacket, headband) is my daughters best friend stephanie.  It was copied from face book and has been used on countless web pages and facebook pages with no permission.  The sign is photo shopped to say things like "my mom has cancer, please help me raise money"  and "like me if you love jesus" (stolen by a christian website LOL) and many others.

bayylaiown
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this
My loser BD did this with our sons picture. I told him if you're not the one taking the picture, don't post it. I had to deal with him and all his family taking his pictures, making it seem like he was some kind if good dad. I just blocked them all and there's really nothing else I could do. I'm sorry this happened. I know how irritating it is. When I first had my son, some freak stole all my son's pictures and made it seem like it was their baby and I was "his" baby's mother. It was so irritating and even then I couldn't do anything about it. :/
BaronSamedi
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:53 AM

You can't.  learn the rules of the internet.  Anything you post is fair game unless you copyright it.  Most sites are the copyright owners (read the EULA).  Anything you post is the property of the site not you.  

firefly
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:43 PM

You can try talking to an attorney because who knows, you may be able to get the pic down.  However, the problem is that it's also HIS child as well, unless you somehow found a way to procreate 100% on your own.  And like it or not, this woman is going to be DD's stepmother.  

Not saying I condone what happened, just that a lawsuit may do more harm than good for everyone--especially your daughter--in the long run.  Especially if all the adult parties are at war over this.

Quoting ladytweet:

i talked to my lawyer after talking to a few friends they said its illegal bc she is my child and they can have a lawsuit .. hoping it will get taken car of 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, you don't know how well they know each other. I married my husband 6 months to day that we started dating and he is an awesome person. Is it that you don't want her to have a picture of your daughter or is it that you don't want someone else in your daughter's life? Sounds like there are some underlying issues here. The fact that you have other people telling you what is on her page speaks volumes. Regardless if you like it or not, she is going to become a part of your dd's life and what are you going to do when she takes her own pictures and puts them up on her page? Are you going to get mad every single time then? I think I would put my issues aside and instead of being angry and causing issues, spend some time trying to get to know the other woman that is going to be in your dd's life.

Fauxy
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:02 PM
I would be upset too but not much you can do.
Kellileanne
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:10 PM

I just looked this up and there is a company that SELLS images that has it!  WTH?!?!?!

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN