Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Don't brag about your freaking money to me....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 141 Replies
3 moms liked this

So my brother & SIL got their income taxes back a few weeks ago. According to my brother they recieved 6,500 because of their low income.... they get cash assistance & food stamps. She works 40 hours a week and goes to school. My brother sits at home on his lazy ass. They have been living with my parents for 3 years so they seriously have no bills. I dont care really about how much they got back but what they are spending it on I have a HUGE issue with. My brother went and blew 700 dollars on a RC car and god knows how much on parts, cowboy boots, a new windows phone & unlimited data plan and a camo comforter. My sister in law went and bought a new windows phone & prepaid phone plan (why different plans IDFK..idiots), and a whole new wardrobe for herself. Her clothes didnt need to be replaced.... her and I just went shopping 3 maybe 4 months ago when she got her student refund and she said she needed clothes. My nephew got 3 toys! Thats it.... 3 freaking Disney/Pixar Planes that are 8 dollars each. They still have money and are blowing it out on themselves. My nephew hasnt gotten anything but those 3 freaking planes!!!

I am so pissed off that they are spending it on themselves instead of buying clothes or something else for my nephew. My brother & SIL calls me up EVERY TIME he goes out and spends money. Every freaking time. Telling me oh I bought this or that... you should tell your husband to let you go out and by this or that. We just had a baby. We bought diapers & formula for the baby and a deep freezer for the new place. We didnt get to splurge like they did and they always flaunt it infront of our faces about how much they bought and what they bought it on.

My mom has been letting them live with them as long as they pay something towards living with them....they have no recieved any money. In fact they owe my mom money but keep telling her they are freaking broke. BULL SHIT! My mom has paid for my nephew's doctors appointment, got him into a preschool program (filled out the papers & paid for the physical), just went and gave my nephew a hair cut since his hair was so long and my SIL kept saying "oh I'll get it cut when I get paid"...obviously never did.

I know this isn't my problem but WTF why rely on someone else AND blow money on yourselves instead of your freaking kid!! My nephew needs clothing. His shirts are too small & so are his pants. That kid needs new shoes since his are giving him blisters.

Fucking lazy ass parents.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:25 AM
7 moms liked this
We got $6000 back too. We used it to pay off our debt and buy clothes for our kids. Must be nice to have no responsibility. Ugh.
amberNewman0213
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:26 AM
4 moms liked this
That's sad since the child is the only reason they got anything. And to not even offer your parents anything??? I'd be mad too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so happy someone did something smart with their income tax. It is very nice to live in the lap of luxury apparently. Yet they complain about how my parents ask for money...um no they want you to pay rent.

Quoting Anonymous: We got $6000 back too. We used it to pay off our debt and buy clothes for our kids. Must be nice to have no responsibility. Ugh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Nope they didnt offer to pay for anything. Hell they still have 3,000 left and expect my mom to pay for my SIL & brother to go to NY for the weekend my parents are going up. Brother & SIL are taking their own car (which my mom helped them get) they can at least pay for their own freaking gas!

Quoting amberNewman0213: That's sad since the child is the only reason they got anything. And to not even offer your parents anything??? I'd be mad too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:39 AM
4 moms liked this
DH and I take pride in being able to make it on our own. My father makes a lot of money and we never even consider going to him for help. It's called being an adult. We make sacrifices and work together in order to survive. As soon as we found out how much we were getting, we sat down and came up with a plan. Now we're better off because we have less bills each month. I would never even consider buying myself expensive crap that we don't need. People like that drive me nuts.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am so happy someone did something smart with their income tax. It is very nice to live in the lap of luxury apparently. Yet they complain about how my parents ask for money...um no they want you to pay rent.

Quoting Anonymous: We got $6000 back too. We used it to pay off our debt and buy clothes for our kids. Must be nice to have no responsibility. Ugh.

AriannaMomma
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:42 AM
4 moms liked this
Hmmmm this sounds familiar, but your mom has to stop enabling them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:14 PM

I understand your frustration. I know a family (a mom, dad and two kids) who gets a couple hundred in food stamps, six hundred dollars a month from the GI bill, visit the food pantries twice a week and get cash assistance from a church they recently joined. The church paid for the deposit on their house, rent on more than one occassion, has bought them entrire pantries worth of food twice, and pays for the daycare for the two girls even though the mother doesn't work.
They are by no means destitute or in need of THIS much assistance. He works a full-time job with weekly overtime that pays well enough for his wife to not HAVE to work. They think of all of this extra help that they get as "God's way of paying them back for having crappy childoods." Some people are just really great at working the system, I suppose.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:18 PM
I guess so. Welfare thinks they either pay rent or don't know they live with family. It kills me

Quoting Anonymous:

I understand your frustration. I know a family (a mom, dad and two kids) who gets a couple hundred in food stamps, six hundred dollars a month from the GI bill, visit the food pantries twice a week and get cash assistance from a church they recently joined. The church paid for the deposit on their house, rent on more than one occassion, has bought them entrire pantries worth of food twice, and pays for the daycare for the two girls even though the mother doesn't work. They are by no means destitute or in need of THIS much assistance. He works a full-time job with weekly overtime that pays well enough for his wife to not HAVE to work. They think of all of this extra help that they get as "God's way of paying them back for having crappy childoods." Some people are just really great at working the system, I suppose.

SissySmurf
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:43 PM
9 moms liked this

They got that much because of Earned Income Credit *(I'm sure you probably already know that..)* Someone needs to tell them that if it weren't for your nephew, they wouldn't have gotten anywhere near that much money.
They didn't get it because your brother is a lazy mooch or because your SIL is stupid enough to work and let him sit on the couch all day - it's all because of your nephew.. So whatever is bought should be bought for him. Whenever they call and tell you how they bought this and that, have ya ever asked them what'd they get your nephew this shopping trip? Aggravate the crap out of them.. lol That'll either make them buy him somethin' or that'll make them stop callin' you.. lol. :) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:27 PM
9 moms liked this

Sorry but if they are receiving PA  in any form they shouldnt get anything back,,,,hey should be paying the GOV. back....scammers everywhere and they wonder why people who bust ass and pay a fortune in taxes get angry.....this is ONE HUGE REASON.....My poor husband has worked 54 years  earned a great income but paid for his own college degrees and worked 3 damn jobs to get where he was. NOT one penny came from anyone......last year we paid  56,000 in tax....and have paid more that was a low believe it or not... ..iF we could have saved that cash  we aid in over our lifetime he could have retired years ago...now  one year into retirement he has cancer and heart valve issues..it makes me angry that al the tax we paid over our ifetimes goes to moochers...lazy ass people....he went for his degrees to earn a good income for  OUR FAMILY to give OUR Kids a good life... NOT to support  10 other families......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN