Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

my son told me i dont belong because i am African American

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:48 PM
  • 66 Replies
  • My son's who are twin said in school no one likes to sit with them at lunch they  because they are only African American in there class I don't want to force children to accept my children but  it is A very touchy so subject lost for words how to handtwin boys
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
:( sorry I don't even kno what to say to that have talked to the teachers about it
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:41 AM
3 moms liked this
My kids school is pretty white. They may have one child of color per grade. The child is accepted as much as any other student. If the culture of the school makes your child feel uncomfortable it's time for some sensitivity training. Talk to the school councilor
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:50 AM
3 moms liked this
NDADANCEMOM wtf your kids are white please tell me how a white child or mom can relate to what she is saying.

Op can you switch schools? I know how your kids feel I was in the same position when I was in school except I was harassed and beat up. Please don't leave your children in that school. They deserve to be accepted for who they are not picked on. The white kids are the ones who need sensitivity training.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:52 AM
5 moms liked this
and now the racist shows up

Quoting Anonymous: NDADANCEMOM wtf your kids are white please tell me how a white child or mom can relate to what she is saying.

Op can you switch schools? I know how your kids feel I was in the same position when I was in school except I was harassed and beat up. Please don't leave your children in that school. They deserve to be accepted for who they are not picked on. The white kids are the ones who need sensitivity training.
MomToNeeners
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 5:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I would take my children out of that school and put them in a different one. It sounds to me that people there have narrow minds. Granted I would be talking to their teacher and principal first, but being racist is unacceptable at any age.

suzanneyea
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 5:51 AM

Have you talked to the school? Do your boys want to change schools?do they have a lot of friends outside of school?

ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 5:52 AM
No they dont.

OPs kids need to learn that not everyone is going to like them.

Quoting Anonymous: NDADANCEMOM wtf your kids are white please tell me how a white child or mom can relate to what she is saying.

TurtleMami
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 5:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I grew up in a small town with ZERO African-Americans. Every now and then we got a new kid who was Oriental or Indian and kids would devour them! Everyone wanted to be their friend. I'm sure that if there had been an African-American new kid it would be the same thing. Not all schools are like that. Good luck finding a good one!

mamalynnsmith
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 6:02 AM

I am so sorry for your children. Where we live there are a few blacks and they seem to  do just fine. They are not picked on shuned or bulled. My 13 year old gets left out because he is so much younger then the rest of his class so i know / see what you are going threw. I would suggest maybe tring to get them more involved. Maybe a sport or a club where they can make friends.

JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Wow. This is so depressing :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN