Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you wipe the damn seat off?!?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

We live with my MIL, then there is me and DH and we have a 10.5 yo girl and 11.5 yo boy.

Every single time I go to use the bathroom, I can't even sit on my own toilet.  We only have one bathroom, I clean it.  But yet every time I go in, I can tell who was in there last.

DD leaves a drop of pee on the seat every time she pees.  And often when she poops, she clogs the toilet or doesn't flush it properly so there is still crap in there.

MIL leaves a lovely pubic hair every time she goes in there.

And DS clogs the toilet fairly often. 

Even DH sometimes leaves a drop of pee when he's too lazy to lift the seat.

Am I the only person who actually glances at the toilet as I flush and makes sure it's all set for the next person?!  Is it really that much to ask to be able to SIT on the damn toilet without sitting in pee or pubic hair??

Sidenote: I have spoken to both kids about this, and it got better for a while, but now it's back to this problem.  Especially DD with the pee.  Obviously not wiping yourself well enough if you're leaving pee on the seat.  Ugh.  I don't know what else to do to make it stop!  And I am not very comfortable dicussing pubic hair with mil.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
dawnrothbaum
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Since they are all capable of ceaning up after themselves, I would tell them all. When you are together, say 'hey, I just need each of you to clean up after yourselves, and leave the toilet ready for the next person. Pee, hair, poop...everything should be cleaned up. ' Then walk away. No arguements or negotiations, just state the fact. If after a few days you notice that one or more of them are being lazy, point it out to them personally.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 2, 2016 at 5:48 PM
Make them clean the bathroom every time. That would grate my nerves.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)