Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yes, I actually AM ignoring you!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

My exMIL has an uncanny habit of waiting until last minute to call or text & ask things. Things like "Can ____ (17yoDS) come over & mow today?" (this was last summer) or asking DAY OF "What does _____ want for her birthday?" This is a woman who my kids have not seen for whatever reasons since December. Nor has she tried to make an effort to keep in touch with the kids since I divorced her son 2 years ago except on birthdays & holidays. She has always been this way too!! (gee... I wonder where her son gets it from???) 

Just this past week alone she has called, left a message, & then called again immediately after leaving the message! First off, I was in the shower. Sorry. Second, I deleted your number because we don't talk & I didn't recognize the number. I always ignore calls from numbers I don't recognize. And yes, I am ignoring you. IMO if you want to know what is going on with your grandkids you need to talk to your DS. 

Now I get she just wants to know what DD wants for her birthday (like I said- she text the day of on the 13th). But if she was more involved in the kids' lives then maybe she would know??? Sorry but she acts like a Disneyland Dad sometimes.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:35 PM
I know someone with an xmil that she just sent an email to. "Please go through your son for anything to do with the kids. I don't want to have anything to do with your side of my kids family. If you continue I will call the police."
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Well for now I have a blocking app on my phone. I'm sort of thinking I need to block his sister too because she tends to text last minute as well. She & I had a falling out last summer & I just recently started talking to her again. But now exMIL has exSIL texting me too.

Quoting NDADanceMom: I know someone with an xmil that she just sent an email to. "Please go through your son for anything to do with the kids. I don't want to have anything to do with your side of my kids family. If you continue I will call the police."

nurse1997
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Sounds llike u have a mental problem !

little.worthen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 4:52 PM
Yea. Idk that's a tough one for me. I'd wanna keep in contact with her for my kids' sake, but why the heck is t she asking her own son?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:33 PM

That is what I don't get either. He may have limited contact with the kids (his own doing) but he does see them several times a month. She could have asked him BEFORE DD's birthday & had a gift for him to give her when he saw her next (which was the week of her birthday). I guess maybe because I have the kids 24/7 she thought it best to go to me? Which I get. But still... the day of??  

Quoting little.worthen: Yea. Idk that's a tough one for me. I'd wanna keep in contact with her for my kids' sake, but why the heck is t she asking her own son?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes because I am a planner & hate having people ask me things last minute with no respect for my time. Calling me 2 times within 4 minutes because heaven forbid I get a shower in the middle of the day while I am on vacation! Sure... I'm mental.

Quoting nurse1997:

nurse1997
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

These are your kids family even if they are not yours anymore . The hate is just spilling out as u write this chill out and breathe it's not that serious be the bigger person! Have a nice week .

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes because I am a planner & hate having people ask me things last minute with no respect for my time. Calling me 2 times within 4 minutes because heaven forbid I get a shower in the middle of the day while I am on vacation! Sure... I'm mental.

Quoting nurse1997:

Outspoken.Mime
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:55 PM

I guess I don't see the big deal.  So what if she calls the day of her birthday to ask?   She is getting her a gift and acknowledging her birthday.

How hard do you try to keep the kids in touch with her?

Outspoken.Mime
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Maybe she gets no info from him and cares enough about her gkids to go around him.

And maybe she doesn't call more often because she feels unwanted.

That seems pretty plausible to me.

Quoting little.worthen: Yea. Idk that's a tough one for me. I'd wanna keep in contact with her for my kids' sake, but why the heck is t she asking her own son?

RitaTequila531
by Hush.Breathe.Relax on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:57 PM
I don't get that, birthdays come the same day every year smh
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)