Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I wish my son was normal :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 432 Replies
8 moms liked this
My son is special needs. He's blind, microcephalic, non verbal and he has the mental capacity of a 1 year old. I'm so tired of changing a 10 year olds diaper! I wish he was normal sometimes. I wish he could watch tv, play with the other kids, eat like a normal kid, do normal kids things! It's so frustrating. No one really understands what it's like. I can't hang out with "normal" moms because I have absolutely nothing in common with them. And usually, they feel awkward hanging around me because I have a "not normal" son. Ugh. Why did my sisters have all normal kids? Why did I have to be the one to have a special needs child? I'm tired of cleaning up poop when he gets into his diaper and spreads it on the wall. My kids are all out of the diaper stage...except him. He will most likely always be in diapers. It just sucks. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
debramommyof4
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:30 PM
36 moms liked this
I am sorry. It must be so hard. I can not even imagine.
Roo1234
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:31 PM
17 moms liked this
Do you have access to any support groups that you could find other parents facing the same challenges?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:41 PM
6 moms liked this
Yes. There are some support groups online. Those are nice. It would just be nice to hang out with those other moms but they are far away. I just needed to vent. :-/
schultzal
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:43 PM
3 moms liked this

So sorry, I'm sure it is very hard and exhausting. Do you get any respite care/help?

skrbelly
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:44 PM
4 moms liked this
Is there any place that does respite care near you? My friend adopted a severely disabled child who is now in a nursing home for children. I have to believe that there are many good people out there that you can bond with no matter what your fears are about how your child will be perceived. Or are people still dicks like that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Gosh Mama, I am so sorry!!!!! It has to be an extremely difficult situation.
TAG9lbs
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
That does sound exhausting. Hope u feel a lil better. Wish someone had an inspiring message for you about challenges in life exist for something better.I whole heartedly wish you the best of luck
MomToNeeners
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:42 AM
30 moms liked this

Lady, it sounds like you need to find a place for him to stay so you can get a break! I'm a nurse and I have been there, but with adults. You are burnt out and need a break! 

facethetruth2b
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 6:01 AM
23 moms liked this
My prayers that you find peace on accepting your son . I know this must be a challenging life for you . Check into some special needs schools.Where he would go a few days a week . It would give you a break and perhaps help your son cope with some learning. God blessed you with a child he blessed you with only what you can handle he seen you as a strong woman to handle such a task . Seek about state help maybe for someone to come in a few hours a day or once maybe twice a week so you are able to take a break . Cherish your children no matter how they are def blind autistic hyper they are in fact blessing . Hope you can learn to love your son fully . If you ever want or need to talk please feel free to message me . Don't feel awkward around other moms they are ´╗┐the awkward ones out .
RitaTequila531
by Hush.Breathe.Relax on Apr. 1, 2014 at 6:31 AM
I'm so sorry
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN