Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

My dd & sil are coming to town next month.

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:11 PM
  • 5 Replies

They both have to work for the three days they are in town and then they are going to visit sil's family for the three days that they have free.  I don't get much attention or visiting time with them, my dd (who owns a dog) says that my dog is so messy and causes her allergies to flare up.  My dog is professionally groomed once a week because he is a service dog.  We are to meet up for dinner and I have to leave my dog at home.  I will have to eat a lot of happy pills to calm myself without my dog with me.

I will wear a brand new outfit so I won't bring any dog hair on my clothes and no hugging as to make sure I don't transfer any doggie dander over to her.  I will look through my new clothes and pick out an outfit for the night we eat dinner.  I will be so freaking lost with out that dog. 

This is the first time I have seen either of them in years and the last time I saw them it was 15 minutes in the driveway.  Dinner is a step up.

Should I offer to pay for their meals, or just mine?  They will be staying down town and me and Barker are quite well known together, so he will be missed too. 

What should I wear?  I have lost 70+ pounds and want to look good for the short time we are together. Any suggestions?

by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Rosehawk
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I would wear whatever I wanted, and bring my dog with me too. If they don't like it, they can suck it.

They are making a LOT of demands on you just so get the "privilege" of their company.

I very strongly believe that you (generic) should take me as I am, or don't take me at all. I don't change my habits just to please someone else.

Besides, where does your daughter, or whoever, get off complaining about dog allergies when she OWNS a dog?

dawnrothbaum
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:52 AM

If your dd is allergic to your dog, then it is only courtesay to accomodate her. It is one meal together. What do you use a service dog for?

MsBlueBelle
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Why I use a service dog is to alert me to when one of my many illness shows up. I have a short window to get my medication taken.  He also helps pull me around in my house because my home is not adapted to wheelchair wide doors.  He picks me up when I fall and he can call either the Police, Fire Dept, Ambulance or the all out panic button next to my bed.  When 911 comes on the line he will begin to bark, that is why his name is Barker. Other than that, you won't even know a dog lives here. He is professionally groomed weekly.  Even though dd and sil are staying in a nicer hotel and they can walk those three days to work, if I drive downtown, quite safe, I feel so much more secure with Barker by my side.  I cannot explain the comfort he is to me.  I have had him by my side for over three years.  The above is a video dd made of her dog Delta at their home.  The picture below is one of her and her dog Buddy, which lives with sil's family.

This picture is of dd and Buddy. 

dd & sil 

Quoting dawnrothbaum:

If your dd is allergic to your dog, then it is only courtesay to accomodate her. It is one meal together. What do you use a service dog for?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:07 PM

So she is fine around all dogs, but yours? A SERVICE dog which is allowed places that her normal pets aren't? That sounds fishy to me. If I were your daughter, I would take some allergy medicine and suck it up.

I'm sorry, I'm sure the stress it's causing doesn't help.

Rosehawk
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:09 PM

You should not be without your service dog if he does all that for you. She can just suck it up and deal with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)