by Mary Fischer
They may be all sorts of cute (most of the time) and innocent and all that good stuff, but let's face it -- toddlers are pretty darn gross sometimes.
Granted, they also don't fully understand the concept of what is and what is not disgusting. I guess we really can't fault them for doing something most of us consider to be outrageous, inappropriate, or just downright un-freakin-believable.
It seems that nothing is off-limits for little ones, based on these eight beyond repugnant things moms admit to having seen, heard, or caught their toddlers doing.
- I was giving my daughter a bath, and all of a sudden, I smelled something. I figured maybe my older son had farted -- but then I looked over and saw poop in the tub. And then I saw some of it IN HER MOUTH. I thought I was going to die. And so did she.
- My 2-year-old wandered into the kitchen, then walked back into the living room, and I noticed something in his mouth. Upon closer examination, I realized he was indeed sucking on the white Styrofoam thing that comes in the packet of raw chicken. I gagged. (He did not get sick from it, thank GOD.)
- My daughter climbed into our bed one night and was being all cuddly. I was thrilled -- until she vomited directly onto my face. It even got in my mouth a little bit.
- My toddler had a booger wall. Literally he'd pick his nose, then wipe it on the one wall in his bedroom ... every single time. Most disgusting thing EVER.
- Since my son became mobile, he has had a disgusting habit of picking up strands of hair and putting them in his mouth ... Blegh!
- One time I caught my son dipping his fingers into the toilet and licking them. OMG.
- My son kept eating the dog's food over and over again. I think he actually liked it.
- My daughter ate her sister's poop. Yup, she ate it. It was a tiny ball of dried poop that fell out of my incontinent 4-year-old's panties.
What is the grossest thing your toddler has ever done?