Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I spent the night in jail

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 350 Replies
45 moms liked this

Let me start off and say, I DO NOT CONDONE VIOLENCE. 

I am very ashamed of MYSELF for what I am about to share, but I need to vent. This group has always been supportive of me, and I am going ANNON for legal reasons.

Yesterday, I picked up DD from school,(DD is 17 senior in high school with High functioning Autism). She had never really had issues with other students, everyone is typically friendly, understanding and protective of her. She was even voted president of her Audio Visual Club and Drama Club.

Well, yesterday she had informed me that a newer girl had been calling her names (Freak, retarded, the next school shooter, braindead, dumbass- The sickening list goes on.) DD went to the administration (VP, teachers and her aid) and let them know what was going on. They gave me a call letting me know what was going on and that they were addressing the said "bully".

DD called me on her cell (We let her have a basic text/call cell for emergency situations even though we do pick her up everyday from school.) saying the girl threaten to "beat her ass" for "snitching" on her. I told DD to go back to VP and let them know and ask for them to call the police.

Well, they didn't call the police they called her parents. Her parents didn't show up to pick up their daughter.

When I went to pick up DD, the "bully" was there. She ran up to my daughter and said "hey you snitch sped, you're lucky I'm 18 and can't rock you in the jaw! Stupid retard!" and threw a book at DD that hit her in the head.

I went into crazylady mode. Since "bully" said she was 18, I at the moment had no hesitation to confront her. I yelled at her and said "Back off!" the "bully" got in my face and pushed me and turned to DD and SPIT ON MY DD FACE!. I snapped! I never ever witnessed such a thing and pushed the girl, she slapped me and I then punched the girl in the mouth and knocked her front tooth out!

I was so ashamed but felt I needed to protect my child at the moment.

Well, I got arrested and rightfully so. "Bully" is facing charges one that is including child endangerment since DD is 17 (AS AM I SINCE MY DD AND OTHER MINOR STUDENTS WERE STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO US)

My DH bailed me out. I have never ever ever felt the need to get physical but watching my daughter get spit on and get hit with a book and her crying, I just went crazy!

I told DH I will pay for the girl's dental work and DH said NO way! That the "bully" can use a piece of gum as a denture and learn not to mess with people because they are different.

"bully" Parents took me off guard by SHAKING MY HAND AND THANKING ME?! I was sick to my stomach! I am sitting in regret, guilt and remorse because this "bully" has obvious issues and her own family said to me in front of PD! "It's about time (NAME) got her ass handed to her, she needs to learn to stop f#cking with people!"

I do not know what to make of this. I just am looking for a lawyer, court is May 13th. =/

My DD made me a card and said she understands why I did what I did and that she forgives"Bully"  her exact words " (NAME)'S problem isn't with me, it's with her own self. She picked on me to feel better about herself." I just looked at my DD and cried. She's stronger than me. ='/

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Frankiexo
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:13 PM
2 moms liked this

drinking_and_spitting

Wooooow. IDK What to say. Hugs is all I have to offer

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:14 PM
98 moms liked this

You did what any GOOD mom would do. YOU PROTECTED YOUR KID FROM A DIPSHIT! 

No, violence isn't the answer but the little shit put her hands on YOU first. You shouldn't be charged since it was self defence! 

NDADanceMom
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:16 PM
2 moms liked this

YIKES.  were there cameras recording this?  many schools have them

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:24 PM
4 moms liked this

I would have put my child in the car and called 9-1-1.

You had no right to do what you did. 18 or not, You're not in highschool.

acer.acerpori
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:25 PM
5 moms liked this
I agree with this!

Quoting Anonymous:

No, violence isn't the answer but the little shit put her hands on YOU first. You shouldn't be charged since it was self defence! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting acer.acerpori: I agree with this!
Quoting Anonymous:

me too

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:36 PM
5 moms liked this
Sorry mama bear. I probably would've lost my cool too. Good luck in court.
little.worthen
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you mama. Take care of your baby

FutureCooper118
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 5:00 PM
2 moms liked this

=[

My older step brother is mentally retarded and has uncontrollable seizures due to his pos mom using drugs and alcohol while pregnant. He has been this way since about 2 and I grew up around it. I can't even count how many times my parents had to pick him up from school and take him to the hospital because kids (this was even in middle school and possibly elementary but I would have been too little to know) would throw him in trash cans and pick fights. He's had countless stitches from splitting his head open, bruises, you name it. Since I grew up around his behavior I never understood why someone would treat another human being like that and I can't even imagine if it was my own child. I would have done exactly the same thing as you. The judge will hopefully see that you do feel bad for handling it that way but will also see why it escalated. Good luck with everything!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 2, 2014 at 5:17 PM
3 moms liked this

Good for you I would have done the same damn thing. I recently found out a little shit hit my  autistic daughter and it's actually a family member and they better hope they don't show up at Easter because if he even thinks about looking at her wrong I will fly across the room and beat his ass.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)