Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's just so annoying sometimes!!! Long story

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

My friends boyfriend think he knows it all.  He's a been there done that type of guy even though he hasn't done anything with his life.  They became boyfriend/girlfriend because he's been a friend of my husband since they were kids.

This last 'I know it all' conversation was about food shopping.  My friend has always been on a very limited budget.  She has a pre-teen daughter that she also shops for.  This guy never had kids and never had to live with anyone who had children.  He proceeded to tell her and I that he can food shop better than all of us.  I looked at him in utter disbelief.  How can this single guy with no kids say he knows how to shop for a family on a budget.  I outright told him how insulting he sounds and then he starts backpeddling.  We both made him own up to what he said. 'No, this is what you said.  Word for word, this is exactly what came out of your mouth'.

I was real angry.  I said 'You have no idea what you are talking about.  We've been shopping for over a decaded every week for a family.  You shop for yourself.  That is completely different.  First off, you don't know the needs of (friends child).  You don't know what she likes and what she doesn't like.  How can you even compare food shopping for you to food shopping for a family'.  His reply 'I had a girlfriend that had a grandchild that used to stay with us for days at a time.'  I quickly interuped him and said 'He was a baby, and you guys broke up before he turned 3.  How does that relate to shopping for a 11 year old.'   Of course, he had no response to that.  I looked over at DH who hasn't said a word up until this point and I said to him 'Care to join in' and he quickly replied 'Nope, I know better.'  That made me and my friend crack up laughing.

He is constantly saying things like this.  It just pisses me off that he doesn't think about what he says and that he really believes that he's a better person than what he acutally is. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Purgatorian
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:00 PM
I live with a know it all. Your friend will tire of it soon enough. Then she can either ignore his KIA attitude, fight with him constantly, or get a new bf.

Personally, I have gone the ignore route. I pick and choose my fights with Mr. Smartypants carefully. One thing I have come to realize over the years its I am actually more intelligent than he is, intellectually and emotionally. So I let him be.

It's funny though occasionally when I dont argue with him, I just mention the correct answer, and then later on in the day or soon after he is confronted with the correct information. I look at him and wait for the look, you know the one, the one that says, "I'm an asshole. "

As for you, since you don't have to live with him, I would personally throw shit in his face whenever I could.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)