Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ex husband moved out of state

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:09 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hey all,
So I have really been needing to vent to someone that doesn't know me and the people involved with my stress.

So at the beginning of the year my ex husband who I have 3 children with, just up and moved 3000miles away. He didn't give any notice really, just came by my house, dropped some toys off he has of our kids and told them he wasn't going to see him for a long time. This made my children very upset because they had no idea what was going on.

It has now been almost 4months since he moved. He doesn't really talk to my kids at all. When he does it is a 3min convo.
You wouldn't have any idea that my kids are upset or sad that they don't see their dad, until they have to talk to him, which they don't really want to.

These last four months have been really hard. I'm struggling all around. I haven't got child support for these 4months and he doesn't even ask if they need anything.

I've been lucky to have really great family and friends but they can't always help. The sad thing is his parents don't even care that the kids go without things and don't even try to help in anyway, but will help out my ex even though he has over $90,000 that he got in the past 4 months.

So I just don't understand how a man/father can just up and leave his 3 kids. If you say you love your kids so much and talk about missing them, why move 3000miles away?
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lilmama8408
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Go back to court. Motify custody and cs and show hes behind
beboldbecca
by New Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I would definitely take him to court and get the process going. Thats so unfair that he just up and left you with no help... I hope things get better for you! Message me if you'd like to chat some more :)

nurse1997
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:36 PM

A man that does this does not love his family it is that simple doll good luck!

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:50 PM

(((hug)))

I'm sorry.  My ex moved out of state and rarely sees our children as well.  It sucks, because they want to so badly to see him and I want them to have a good relationship with him, but there's nothing I can do about it.

Erin_nel_mom
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Already going through all the court stuff, last court day is in May. So it's almost here.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)