Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OVERSIZED MAN BABY

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:29 PM
  • 7 Replies

Can someone PLEASE tell me how I can train my big man baby of a hubby to learn to throw his dirty laundry into the basket? I swear I find his dirty socks every where I turn, even the kitchen table.URG, men!! lol

Although I love him dearly, between my daughter, keeping the house up, and running my business I DO NOT have time to pick up dirty socks from my kitchen. lol

Anyone else's hubbys do frustrating things?!

Sometimes I just wanna tie mine up and throw him in my closet for safe keeping. lol

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
booboobear12
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:41 PM
3 moms liked this
Don't wash his laundry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

stop doing the laudry unless it in the basket and when he no longer has clean clothes he will learn

KikiKia
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

This is why DH is responsible for his own laundry.

socks on the floor? i leave them there or the dogs play tug of war with them.  Then he's like "where did all my socks go?"

Or if I am feeling "nice" I pick them up from our family room and just toss them in his office on the floor.

DisabledVet
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Stop washing them if they aren't in the basket. And talk with him. Use a technique that involves saying When you do --------- I feel ----------and the result is -----------. Something like When you leave your socks on the floor and I have to pick them up in addition to washing them I feel overwhelmed and angry and then I'm in a bad mood. Then inform him that laundry that's not in the basket will no longer be washed and if he wants clean things he needs to put them in the basket.

At least it's not a serious problem.

Does he do any of the chores around the house. If not maybe he needs to take over the laundry job.

Some gave all and all gave some. Remember your rights as an American were earned with the blood of others. Don't waste them and please do your duty as a citizen and vote intelligently in every election.

NajwaLaylah
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:11 AM

It's not true that men cannot learn to be good roommates and tidy "enough". However, it seems that some won't respond to attempts to teach that behaviour (when they haven't learned it yet, as adults) unless it's delivered by a (usually male, always inside a largely male hierarchy) DRILL SERGEANT. 

My point is, he can be a good housemate-- there are very few guys in the service, for example, who leave socks lying about-- but as long as you provide him with an out by cleaning up after him, he has no incentive.

Also: What's his room / part of the bedroom like, that he has to undress (take socks off) in the kitchen? It's hard to leave clothes lying about in places where you aren't in the habit of removing them.

momto3B
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Man babies can only exist if you let them. Stop "taking care of him" - let him do his own laundry and whatever else he needs to - make his own dinner - clean his own bathroom (if you have several I would move him in to another). 

Marriage is a partnership and you are not the man behind the elephant with a shovel. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:19 AM
I know how you feel. I washed and dried DHs uniform today as he leaves again in the morning and dropped them next to him on the couch. He was like 'ok just put them in my bag' grr seriously?? I admit I was on edge as I'd also cleaned out and vacuumed the car before that which is his only job other than mow the lawn.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)