• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so annoyed with ttc

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:15 PM
  • 8 Replies
TTC and failing month after month is so annoying. I'm starting to get angry when i see young teenage girls get pregnant without trying. i can't even watch "Teen Mom" without getting pissed! Why is it so hard for people who read want to have a baby but these teenage nitwits can get pregnant without ever BBT'ing, OPK'ing, charting etc! Maybe i just need to take a break and focus on something else.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Rosehawk
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I hear you.

For 4 1/2 years after my daughter was born I SWORE I was done having kids. Well, my husband and I, separately from each other, started thinking we really DID want one more. That whole time I was on Depo Provera.

I stopped getting that shot, and we started TTC. Six months rolled by and nothing. A year rolled by and still no baby. I started to get discouraged. 18 months rolled by and no baby. Just about the time that both of us were ready to throw in the towel and say FUCK IT! We're not trying anymore, I finally got pregnant. It took 2 years and 1 month from my last Depo shot for me to get pregnant.

I don't know how long you've been TTC, but you may want to throw in the towel, or at least stop trying so hard. I know it sound counter intuitive, but the more you try and fail, the more stressed you become, which then leads to it being harder to conceive.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

DeeMD82
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Yep I hear many times that when people stop trying they get pregnant.  

michKeys
by New Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:51 PM
I've only been trying for 6months. i know that's not all that long. ive come across women who have been trying for 5+ years and my heart breaks for them. After 6mos my Fuck it switch has been flipped. i need more time for wine and less time trying to figure out if my CM looks like egg whites....

Quoting Rosehawk:

I hear you.

For 4 1/2 years after my daughter was born I SWORE I was done having kids. Well, my husband and I, separately from each other, started thinking we really DID want one more. That whole time I was on Depo Provera.

I stopped getting that shot, and we started TTC. Six months rolled by and nothing. A year rolled by and still no baby. I started to get discouraged. 18 months rolled by and no baby. Just about the time that both of us were ready to throw in the towel and say FUCK IT! We're not trying anymore, I finally got pregnant. It took 2 years and 1 month from my last Depo shot for me to get pregnant.

I don't know how long you've been TTC, but you may want to throw in the towel, or at least stop trying so hard. I know it sound counter intuitive, but the more you try and fail, the more stressed you become, which then leads to it being harder to conceive.

Rosehawk
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Then flip that switch and enjoy your wine. I've heard everywhere that one of the biggest obstacles to getting pregnant is being stressed over NOT getting pregnant.

Chill, relax (easier said than done), have some wine for me (I don't drink), and get kinky for the hell of it. You deserve it. ;)

Quoting michKeys: I've only been trying for 6months. i know that's not all that long. ive come across women who have been trying for 5+ years and my heart breaks for them. After 6mos my Fuck it switch has been flipped. i need more time for wine and less time trying to figure out if my CM looks like egg whites....
Quoting Rosehawk:

I hear you.

proudmother5946
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:32 PM
I had a friend who had her daughter at 17. For 5 years they tried. They said well,I guess she's going to be an only child.
Friend starts going to beauty college. I get a phone call one night. She's pregnant! Had a boy. Less then 2 years later, had another girl.
Relax, if it's meant to be, it will happen.
amandacr1026
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:48 PM

maybe you're trying too hard and stressing yourself out over it? relax.. have some fun.. if you can plan a cheap little weekend vacation.. don't think about it.. don't worry about it... start fresh.

cmcline27
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 1:24 AM
I know exactly what you mean! My husband and I gave been ttc for over a 17 months now and like you said each month we fail. It seems like everyone around me is right pregnant or just had a baby and it sucks! I think everyone is right...maybe taking a break is best and just relaxing and if it happens it happens. That's my attitude towards it anymore...best of luck to you!!!
michKeys
by New Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:10 AM
I wrote this gripe in April...wow...well...yesterday i got a BFP!! tested 5 times....its weird i thought i would be happier. I'm more shocked and nervous
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)