• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SO is not getting paid for job!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
I'm so pissed. We are trying to pay for a wedding! This is the last thing I need to be stressed about! We get married in 57 days and nothing is going well. I feel as if one more thing goes wrong that I'm not gonna get married and just call the whole thing off! I was under enough freaking stress about everything and now I find out my SO is not getting paid at work for a job he did last week. And on top of it that they are taking money out of his check from another job he did. Grrr.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
nanny1918
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:19 PM
How is it legal for him not to get paid ?
KikiKia
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:40 PM

OK maybe you guys should postpone the wedding until your finances are in order.

But again how can he not get paid for a job he did (thats illegal) and how can they take money away from him for a job he did last week?

This makes no sense.

If you are that desperate to get hitched just elope.  At this point it would not be wise to spend anything on a ceremony.

Also your fiancee needs to consider changing  careers if this is a common occurance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Can't post pone. We would lose alot of money, from vendors. Everything is almost paid for, we will just have to cut out a few things not paid for yet. and we have to many people who already paid alot for plane tickets top fly in. I'll just have to work more over time at work to make up the difference. Only thing we use my check for is to pay the baby sitter, put gas in my car and for the wedding.  I don't know how they can't not pay him, but they arn't. I told him I did not think it was legal, and I was gonna look in to it.

Quoting KikiKia:

OK maybe you guys should postpone the wedding until your finances are in order.

But again how can he not get paid for a job he did (thats illegal) and how can they take money away from him for a job he did last week?

This makes no sense.

If you are that desperate to get hitched just elope.  At this point it would not be wise to spend anything on a ceremony.

Also your fiancee needs to consider changing  careers if this is a common occurance.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)