Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Does your dh do this???!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
My dh gets mad at me anytime the kids get hurt or get in an argument w each other. They are 5 and about to turn 4

Today I sent both kids to their room to clean 5 year old doesn't mind. 4 year old always hates it and she ends up coming out 500 times. No big. It's just part of it I had stomach issues and needed to go to the bathroom. As soon as I walk in, almost 4 year old goes into sister room and starts attacking her I could not get up to go see what was going on. When I did get in there both girls were screaming and crying. 5 year old was shaking. She said mommy I don't know why she started hitting me. 3 year old is in time out for a while.

I knew dh would be mad. So I called to tell him before he came in to see it. This would also give him cooling off time before he came home. He's mad at me. Told me I need to watch them better and if they start fighting get in there then not later. I tried to explain to him my delicate situation but he hung up on me.

We see not a violent family. We do not hit. Cleaning is usually not a violent thing the almost 4 year old usually comes out to color or get something to eat or play. She gets a few things done on her own and I help clean the rest. Same w the 5 year old

I'm more upset that hubby gets mad at me like I do something wrong when they tiff or fall. He also does this when he's watching them and they fall or something. He gets mad AT ME.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitty_Myrick
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 11:14 AM
3 moms liked this

My husband don't get mad but he dose say stupid stuff like "you just need to watch them better."  Then I have to go to my moms and can't take the kids.  One weekend of that, and that shuts him up till he forgets that taking care of kids isn't the easy job he believes it is.

cat 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 12:13 PM
Even when he watches them and I'm not here he still gets mad at me.

Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

My husband don't get mad but he dose say stupid stuff like "you just need to watch them better."  Then I have to go to my moms and can't take the kids.  One weekend of that, and that shuts him up till he forgets that taking care of kids isn't the easy job he believes it is.

cat 

.anonymous
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
What an ass.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 12:18 PM
I tend to agree w you on this one Rest of the time he's fine.

Quoting .anonymous: What an ass.
Thelmama
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 12:21 PM
2 moms liked this

He needs a week with them by himself, not just a few hours. If that doesn't work, he has issues that go deeper than being mad. Which isn't right in the least. He needs to be with them 24/7 for more than a day or so.  He needs no break, no chance to go to the bathroom, no chance to sit down and eat a full meal, etc.  

Thelmama
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 12:21 PM

IN answer to your question. No my dh does not do that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 12:24 PM
He has had a few. I don't go out of town often for work but I went twice this year. 3 days at a time. Once a year I go shopping hard core... Black Friday. He gets them from Thursday afternoon to after the kids go to bed on Friday. (We go out of town to shop. Whole family. Grandparents aunt uncles my BFF and we meet my other BFF there and another family if adult children and their parents)

I don't understand it. My family doesn't understand it either. Things happen.

Quoting Thelmama:

He needs a week with them by himself, not just a few hours. If that doesn't work, he has issues that go deeper than being mad. Which isn't right in the least. He needs to be with them 24/7 for more than a day or so.  He needs no break, no chance to go to the bathroom, no chance to sit down and eat a full meal, etc.  

Thelmama
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 12:29 PM

He needs more than 48 hours. He could use a few days, a week even.  Lol.  Spike his favorite drink with exlax and leave...ha ha ha. Okay kidding on the exlax but he needs to get it.  The first 48 hours or so the kids don't have time to get over the "spending time with daddy alone" high.  They need time to get over the novelty and pull out all the stops with him. LOL.  I think you need to sit down with him and tell him how you feel. What he is doing isn't fair. Stuff can happen to anyone and with anyone.  All kids get in tiffs, it's normal and they learn conflict resolution.  It is healthy in the long run.

Quoting Anonymous: He has had a few. I don't go out of town often for work but I went twice this year. 3 days at a time. Once a year I go shopping hard core... Black Friday. He gets them from Thursday afternoon to after the kids go to bed on Friday. (We go out of town to shop. Whole family. Grandparents aunt uncles my BFF and we meet my other BFF there and another family if adult children and their parents) I don't understand it. My family doesn't understand it either. Things happen.
Quoting Thelmama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2014 at 12:35 PM
Personally, I like the ex lax idea. Even doing that and leaving for the evening :)

We have talked. And he tries. He just doesn't stop.

Quoting Thelmama:

He needs more than 48 hours. He could use a few days, a week even.  Lol.  Spike his favorite drink with exlax and leave...ha ha ha. Okay kidding on the exlax but he needs to get it.  The first 48 hours or so the kids don't have time to get over the "spending time with daddy alone" high.  They need time to get over the novelty and pull out all the stops with him. LOL.  I think you need to sit down with him and tell him how you feel. What he is doing isn't fair. Stuff can happen to anyone and with anyone.  All kids get in tiffs, it's normal and they learn conflict resolution.  It is healthy in the long run.

Quoting Anonymous: He has had a few. I don't go out of town often for work but I went twice this year. 3 days at a time. Once a year I go shopping hard core... Black Friday. He gets them from Thursday afternoon to after the kids go to bed on Friday. (We go out of town to shop. Whole family. Grandparents aunt uncles my BFF and we meet my other BFF there and another family if adult children and their parents)

I don't understand it. My family doesn't understand it either. Things happen.

Quoting Thelmama:

Thelmama
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 12:38 PM

LOL, can one get in trouble for spiking with exlax?

That's terrible. To be honest, then, not meant to be mean, it sounds like he is stuck on selfish and doesn't want to change. He does it just to make things run smooth a while. Then because he doesn't really care, he goes back to the same old way.  I mean, if he really meant it, he'd change.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out you are not to blame for stuff. He has issues. Sorry. Hugs.  That would drive me nuts.

Quoting Anonymous: Personally, I like the ex lax idea. Even doing that and leaving for the evening :) We have talked. And he tries. He just doesn't stop.
Quoting Thelmama:

Quoting Anonymous: He has had a few. I don't go out of town often for work but I went twice this year. 3 days at a time. Once a year I go shopping hard core... Black Friday. He gets them from Thursday afternoon to after the kids go to bed on Friday. (We go out of town to shop. Whole family. Grandparents aunt uncles my BFF and we meet my other BFF there and another family if adult children and their parents) I don't understand it. My family doesn't understand it either. Things happen.
Quoting Thelmama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN