Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Irrespesponsible @$$hole!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies

For 3 years we have had childlocks on our cabinet doors to keep the kids out of the chemicals. I have moved them countless times. All of our cleaning products are upstairs above the washer & dryer and the rest are in the 1/2 bath which they dont use. He never remembers to lock the damn child locks. So the pots & pans are everywhere which isnt as bad as our 2 year old under the sink. I found him under the sink with Clorox wipes, Jet Dry, trash bags, and those tablets for the dishwasher out. I was so freaking pissed! Still am. I called my husband yelling at him because for 3 years we had those locks (for our 3 yr old niece & nephew that come over)and for 3 years he has never remembered to lock them. I hear my 2 year old gag just to turn around to find him vomiting on the carpet.

I am moving the contence of the cabinet up but OH MY GOD really!? not once in 3 years have I seen him relock the fucking cabinets.

Just for those who are wondering the child lock is the Safety 1st Cabinet Slide Lock. The others dont work for our cabinets

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:29 PM

If you know DH won't lock the cabinets, then move everything out of reach of the baby, which should have been done to begin with.  UGH!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:33 PM
3 moms liked this

Hello that is why the locks are on the cabinets in the first place! Its called being a freaking adult and locking them back up like you found it. I shouldn't be the only responisble adult in this freaking house. Maybe you have the room to have everything up but we dont.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you know DH won't lock the cabinets, then move everything out of reach of the baby, which should have been done to begin with.  UGH!

Turtlekot
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Can I ask why you are posting here and not contacting poison control or bringing your child in to be looked at.  I have seen many reports of kids dying from laundry pods...not sure about dishwasher tabs.  But the fact the he/she is vomiting means that something was ingested.

MamaJess9
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Did you call poison control???

november117
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:45 PM
A) did you call poison control and B) I'm with you OP. Lock the lock. It isn't that hard.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Yes they were called that was the first thing I did. He couldnt open the container to get to the dishwasher tabs so I am not sure what exactly he was throwing up.

Quoting Turtlekot:

Can I ask why you are posting here and not contacting poison control or bringing your child in to be looked at.  I have seen many reports of kids dying from laundry pods...not sure about dishwasher tabs.  But the fact the he/she is vomiting means that something was ingested.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Yes I called. Since he couldnt open the tablets I dont believe he ate any.

Quoting MamaJess9:

Did you call poison control???

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Yes I called them. I know right? It takes 2 seconds to lock it.

Quoting november117: A) did you call poison control and B) I'm with you OP. Lock the lock. It isn't that hard.

ABCMomma0211
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 6:50 PM

so take him to the hospital if you aren't sure what he digested, is it really that fucking hard??????

secondly, you have known this for three years, so if you noticed him in those places, go and double check they are locked and remind him. go 

"hey, i saw you in such and such, did you remember to lock the lock so the child doesn't get into them?"

not that fucking hard.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2014 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

We have never bought those locks.   I find them to be annoying.   I don't blame your husband for not using them.

Tell your kid no.   At 2 they can understand what area is off limits.   And if not then move that stuff out of reach. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)