Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it wrong to lie about my kids age for

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My local grocery store has a complementary kids area where you can drop them off and shop. Kids have to be 3, and potty trained.

My yds is 2 1/2 and potty trained and I want to let him him go in there so I can shop in peace. Do you think it would be horrible if I said he was 3? They don't ask for a birth certificate or anything.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Replies (31-40):
FirstTimeMama21
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 5:38 PM
The only supermarket I've ever known to have a kids' area was Giant Eagle in Ohio.
MinglingMom
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 5:40 PM

If was in your shoes, I would probably do it. I typically leave her home with DH but he often travels out of town for work (he'll be gone for 3 weeks sometimes) so it would come in handy on those occasions.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 9, 2014 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I prefer to take my child with me to grocery shop. Its fun, and we turn it into a learning game.

Sorry i feel like judgy mcjudgerson today. But seriously, take care of your own kids.

MichelleNichole
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 5:44 PM
This.

Quoting Turtlekot:

If you are okay with lying....then do it.  However, I either leave the toddler with dad or take the time to enjoy shopping with her.

I personally wouldn't be comfortable just dropping them in a play area with out my supervision and especially with strangers.

SAHMJC
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
That's up to you but know that if he gets hurt don't plan on suing
KRIZZ25
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 5:45 PM
no..we all lie from time to time.
My3Anes
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 5:51 PM
I see nothing wrong with it.
jaxons_mama
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 5:52 PM
Sure I don't really see a problem. I've lied a few times about my sons age
AngryBob
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 5:54 PM

wait, WHAT????? i just moved to niagara, and i must be going to the WRONG FREAKING WEGMANS!! which location are you talking about??

me personally, i wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my kid with strangers. and i have two boys even younger than my three year old, so it's not like it helps that much. i don't see an issue with yours being two and a half. i mean, she's potty trained, and i'm sure that's the big thing.

Retrokitty
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I work in a playground in a grocery store (although our age is 2 and we don't care if they are potty trained) I honestly couldn't care less if we get kids who are younger. Doesn't make a difference to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)