Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Husband is acting like the baby!

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:36 AM
  • 19 Replies
Hey Mamas!
I'm new to this group and it's my first vent!
My husband has been very needy since the birth of our daughter (5 week old). He complains about being sick or being sore ect. all of the time these past two weeks! Which results in me taking more care of the baby. I feel like he's creating these symptoms subconsciously for attention. Maybe it's new baby stress that's making him sick?!? I don't know. But I'm starting to resent him bc I'm the sole caretaker day and night!!! We got in a fight just this morning about me not being nice to him and he's sick. It's just hard being supportive and loving to him after weeks of this. It's just a damn sore throat....didn't stop him from golfing so I'm done giving him my loving attention. I have the baby that needs me!!!! Ok I'm done haha.
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jendawgrox2004
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe he needs more sleep? Bod aches can happen when you're tired. He could still stop complaining and help you more. 

Jstockwell126
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

lol my husband was like that too! I ended up telling him that if he is that sick, he needs to get checked out at the doctors. Until then, I needed help too. Good luck!

KREX0914
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

If he's "too sick" to take care of the baby then he is certainly "too sick" to go golfing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 11, 2014 at 7:30 PM
2 moms liked this
That's how man are. They are your older child. My husband does the same thing. It is even worse when I'm sick or not feeling good. Whenever I say I'm sick or etc. He either over does the are you ok. (Asking me every 2 seconds of I'm ok and what is wrong, even though I already told him 5times)... Or he is sick too and doesn't even realize that I'm sicker then he is at the time. Man want it to be all about them.
We are moms, we can't be sick because we are the ones that take care of everything lol.
okpondlady
by Member on Apr. 11, 2014 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

With my oldest DD my husband (ex now) acted like that.  OMG he was JEALOUS of the time I spent taking care of the baby.  Yeah that went on about 3 weeks till I finally told him to grow the fuck up and stop acting like a dam baby.  I already had ONE baby and DON'T NEED ANOTHER ONE!!!!  He pretty well snapped out of it. 

Irish_mama_2011
by on Apr. 11, 2014 at 11:43 PM

I'm not sure, maybe try just giving him a little more attention and maybe he will get over it. Your baby is only 5 weeks old, this is pretty normal.

Mama2Fin
by New Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 11:02 AM
Thanks ladies! I appreciate your responses :)
star33
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 12:44 AM

yeah, not too shocking. men.......just tell him to suck it up, he'll get over it.

Beenthere3times
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 7:39 AM

Someone is feeling a bit jealous  about the new baby taking up your attention.

Lil_fox13
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

He is immature still. You need to understand there will be some dramatic changes in your relationship and it will take some time to adjust for both of you. Your hubby is acting out, because yes- he does want your attention, he is jealous that the baby gets it and he does not. Just try to get him involved and show him you care- if he has a sore throat, make him chicken noodle soup and tea with lemon and cuddle with him a little while your baby is sleeping. Be creative. We, women sometime need to be tough and take higher roads in such situations, i know it is unfair, but it is what it is. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)