Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

This is so tacky! I am embarrassed for these ppl.

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 3:17 AM
  • 111 Replies
My best friend's kids were invited to a birthday. On the invite, it said for them to bring some snacks. When she told me about it, I was like WTF????? Then, just today, someone posted a birthday invite to their kid's birthday on my friend's(different friend) facebook wall. It said to "bring some goodies/food to the party, it's not a free for all!" Do you ask ppl to bring stuff to you kid's birthday?
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 3:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 3:21 AM
10 moms liked this

Only thing I've ever asked them to bring is a swimsuit, towel or overnight sleeping bag. That is tacky. 

funmommy123
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 3:23 AM
I've asked ppl to bring sleeping bags for their kids also if it's a sleep over. I would never ask them to provide something for the party.

Quoting VinVanMom:

Only thing I've ever asked them to bring is a swimsuit, towel or overnight sleeping bag. That is tacky. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 3:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Thats odd as hell, idk about tacky though....I mean, maybe they cant afford it?
xXSqueekXx
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 3:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think I've ever seen or heard of that! I always bring food or drinks but that's only because I'm Filipino that's what we do lol You're NEVER expected too or would I expect anyone to, let alone have the guts to tell people they have to on an invitation lol that's pretty ridiculous it's funny
funmommy123
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 3:28 AM
6 moms liked this
Maybe.....honestly, if I couldn't afford to throw a party for my kid, then we would just do something small for the family & close friends only. I wouldn't feel right asking ppl from my kid's school & that I don't know too well to bring food etc...

Quoting Anonymous: Thats odd as hell, idk about tacky though....I mean, maybe they cant afford it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 13, 2014 at 3:29 AM
How old is the kid? Just curious.

Quoting funmommy123: Maybe.....honestly, if I couldn't afford to throw a party for my kid, then we would just do something small for the family & close friends only. I wouldn't feel right asking ppl from my kid's school & that I don't know too well to bring food etc...

Quoting Anonymous: Thats odd as hell, idk about tacky though....I mean, maybe they cant afford it?
funmommy123
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 3:29 AM
I've never heard of it or had any I ne ever ask me. I was shocked when my bff tild me, then I saw the post tonight on fb & was like, wtf.....is this normal now lol.

Quoting xXSqueekXx: I don't think I've ever seen or heard of that! I always bring food or drinks but that's only because I'm Filipino that's what we do lol You're NEVER expected too or would I expect anyone to, let alone have the guts to tell people they have to on an invitation lol that's pretty ridiculous it's funny
thefiregoddess
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 3:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Only for family pot luck parties.

My daughters birthday falls on memorial day or memorial day weekend most of the time, and her grandparents have a very lavish beach house..

So everyone makes or picks up a dish and goes to the beach and has a bbq. Thats what kiddo wants thats what kiddo gets. She asks for it usually instead of gifts (which we get her anyways) 

Otherwise.. no.

funmommy123
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 3:31 AM
The kid my best friend got an invite for is 10. The invite foe my friend on fb is turning 2.

Quoting Anonymous: How old is the kid? Just curious.

Quoting funmommy123: Maybe.....honestly, if I couldn't afford to throw a party for my kid, then we would just do something small for the family & close friends only. I wouldn't feel right asking ppl from my kid's school & that I don't know too well to bring food etc...

xXSqueekXx
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 3:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think I've ever seen or heard of that! I always bring food or drinks but that's only because I'm Filipino that's what we do lol You're NEVER expected too or would I expect anyone to, let alone have the guts to tell people they have to on an invitation (I've sucked up my pride and asked my family for help because it's for my child but never on an invite always personally)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)