Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Why the hell do they exist!!

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:39 AM
  • 74 Replies

I HATE HATE HATE spiders! I freeze up and go into a panic attack. Yes I know I have a sever phobia. One just crawled next to my baby and my heart stopped beating. I grabbed the first thing I saw and beat the tar out of that thing.

My skin is still crawling from that damn spider.

Proud mommy of 1 special angel and 2 boys :-)
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delia42
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 5:42 AM
2 moms liked this
They eat bugs. Anyway, hire an exterminator
JRSMOM0621
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 6:21 AM

lol I know the actual "Why".  I just dug up the ground near our townhome so they are coming in since I disturbed them. I just really hate them.

Quoting delia42: They eat bugs. Anyway, hire an exterminator

Proud mommy of 1 special angel and 2 boys :-)
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:56 PM

LOL - I don't know but I feel the same way about bees/wasps!  I get that same paralyzing panic thing.

AngryBob
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm that way with cockroaches. And I know they don't bite or anything, But I absolutely lose my shit.
I can handle spiders, rats, snakes, no problem. I freak the fuck out over roaches.
cali_gurl
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Spiders are VERY important! They eat hundreds of other bugs that would be crawling all over your house and yard if 1 spider wasn't there. I only kill poisonous spiders. Just killed a black widow next to my son 2 days ago.

Cuddlyknuckle
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Have you seen that nasty video circulating FB? I shiver every single time. Disgusting!

Terpsichore
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 1:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Dear Cafespider: 

I HATE HATE HATE humans. One of them just dug up the ground around our house. On the bright side, same human beat the tar out of my biggest competitor for food. Win-win.

(I hate spiders too, I don't like them in my house, on my body, or near my babies. In the hedges under the porch light though, they are fully welcome.)

Jmose0
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol I'm like that with anything creepy crawly! Completely irrational and afraid. Especially spiders lol.

KsAangel25
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Just the thought of a roach will make me cry. Anything else, spiders, rats, scorpions are nothing. And yes roaches do bite. At least the gigantic flying ones in south Texas.
chickadees
by Member on Apr. 14, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Try squirting them with windex.  Usually knocks them to the floor where you can step on them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN