Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

I'm so tired of people..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

Telling me to enjoy my baby because she's not gonna be little for long. 

It's hard to enjoy being up every hour in the middle of the night. I'm so tired that I have absolutely no motivation and my house shows it. She sleeps worse now then when she was newborn. Actually she slept pretty well until she turned 4 months, she is now 7.5 months and her sleeping habits keep getting worse. :-( 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Try reading  Baby wise

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I think back on that time often. It was much like that for me. Especially after my second. They were only 15 months apart. I felt overwhelmed from the minute my first was born and didn't feel in control until after they were both toddlers. But no matter how hard it is i still look back and wish i could go back sometimes and enjoy them being babies. The first time she rolls her eyes at you or gets annoyed and talks back because she can't always have her way you will miss her innocent baby years. So i am sorry to tell you but they are right. One day you will see that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 16, 2014 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

It's ok to enjoy the good moments and not "cherish" being up with a screaming baby when you're dead on your feet. You be a mommy how you want to be a mommy.

Xlandria
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Relating here. My son is now 33 yrs old, with a 3 year old son of his own. HOWEVER, when he was a baby, he didn't sleep more than 30 - 60 minutes at a stretch, unless he was being held of course. It wasn't until he was 3-1/2 yrs old that he started sleeping all night. So, just screw the house work, rest when you can, even if you need to cuddle with your baby so you both can sleep. I went back to work when mine was 1 year old, this necessitated him sleeping with me at night. You gotta do what you gotta do, don't let this make you resent your child. Go with whatever works.  GOOD LUCK!

If you are not where you think you should be in life,

Perhaps you are where you need to be.

Crazylife1994
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 5:44 PM

I understand where you are coming from. You are exhausted and all you want is to sleep through the night just once.

Make sure you really play with her, fill her belly, give her a bath, and then snuggle with her if that is what you do to get her to sleep. Then laydown too. I will get better I promise.

nurse1997
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Welcome to mother hood !

Kazoo22
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:11 PM

I can relate. That annoyed me to no end when people would say that. Especially family. Even after saying "yeah I know, but it's exhausting," they keep up with it. Just flat out telling them, "you don't need to say that everytime I complain about being tired or something," again they still feel the need to keep saying it. 

Sometimes I just wanted to slap people and say "stop it!. . stop it!" lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

lol true story.

Like im sure my mom/aunts didnt ever complain when their kids didnt sleep or were pains in the butt. Hell my mom still complains about me. I should tell her to enjoy me while she can. lol

Quoting Kazoo22:

I can relate. That annoyed me to no end when people would say that. Especially family. Even after saying "yeah I know, but it's exhausting," they keep up with it. Just flat out telling them, "you don't need to say that everytime I complain about being tired or something," again they still feel the need to keep saying it. 

Sometimes I just wanted to slap people and say "stop it!. . stop it!" lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:25 PM

im getting on average 3 hours of interupted sleep a night if im lucky. no matter how fed up i am and no matter how tired i am, nothing can stop me from enjoying my baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:25 PM

I enjoy my baby, just not so much in the middle of the night when Ive woken up 5+ times.

Quoting Anonymous:

im getting on average 3 hours of interupted sleep a night if im lucky. no matter how fed up i am and no matter how tired i am, nothing can stop me from enjoying my baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN