Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

My granddaddy was a KKK member.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

And I am in shock and sad.

Yes, I admit I grew up in a very small town, racist household. I left for college and was suprised to find the blend of people there. It opened my eyes on my childhood.

I just found out my granddaddy was in the KKK. He has been passed away for 10 years now but he was an active member. All our childhood church BBq's were in fact KKK supportive bbqs. I never really noticed until now looking back at it. I am 28 years old.

I kind of am in shock my poor son has such person in his blood line. It is one thing to be ignorant and dislike a race and chat about it at your super table , it is a whole other thing to join a hate group and bring your innocent grandbabies to bbqs to serve hate and hotdogs.

=/ 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:03 AM
2 moms liked this
Get over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous: Get over it.

Thanks for the BUMP

Frankiexo
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous: Get over it.

Thanks for the BUMP

LOL at your response to ANNON.

& all i can say is Holy Poop. Well, sometimes the people we love aren't the people we know. If you're not preading race hate to your son, than he doesn't need to be exposed to that family fact.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:20 AM

OH BUDDAY

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:16 PM
6 moms liked this

Just remember, you and your son are NOT your granddaddy.  What he did is not a reflection of who you are.

nichole_erin
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:19 PM
My grandfather was an abusive douchebag. Who he was and what he did doesn't reflect on me. I have my own legacy, completely separate from any ancestors I may have.
Pecuellar
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Make your own way and be someone who your kids can look up to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 16, 2014 at 2:38 PM

My great grandfather was, too. I just try to be as open minded as he was bigoted. I can't change what he did, but hate doesn't run in blood - it has to be learned.

AutumnLove14
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:02 PM
So was mine. These days the kkk isn't the same and even way back I'm the day only certain clans participated in the vile activities.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 16, 2014 at 7:06 PM
3 moms liked this

Its not uncommon. 

My husband's grandfather was a member. I was shocked as hell to find out, because you can't tell it today. One of his best buddies happens to be a black man. In fact, my husband's uncle a few years back bought a gun from a man, who said It was given to one of his great grandfathers when he was a slave. His last name was the same as my husband's grandfather. Turns out it was someone in the family who freed them and gave them each a gun. The two men have since met and have talked and visit weekly.

It happens, it is from the time they were raised and how they were raised. Doesn't mean that they are like tha now, should it be okay, no, but again, its over and done with. No point it stressing out over it now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN