Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

My sister is leaving her husband and we feel awkward, wwyd? *up date, it even worse now"*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My sister and her man have been together almost 10 years now, they had a kid the exact same age as mine and my hubby's child.  We do a lot of things together, her family and my family, we just went on a two week vacation 3 months ago.

She decided to leave her DH and told me 2 weeks ago, last weekend our family was meeting her at the movies, with her kid, she brought her new boyfriend!  Without even telling us in advance that he was coming, keep in mind she still lives with her hubby!  My sister is just turning 40, this new man in her life is 30.  Our kids wanted to sit by me, so they did and he threw popcorn at the kids during the whole movie!  Even hitting me a few times, arg he is so immature!  I really liked my brother in law, so this is going to be hard enough as it is, but bringing her new man to the family events, its just awkward for us, and confusing to my 6 year old.

Well she keeps telling me that she is not leaving her hubby for this guy, but really?  Why would I believe that?  She brought him to the movies where they were all over each other and he threw popcorn on our kids.  I mean what am I suppose to think??

My hubby and I just feel awkward in this whole thing, I would never tell my sister who she has to be with, but I just think this whole thing is wrong, but still trying not to judge her for what she is doing.

Now I am just worried she is going to bring him to our Easter Family Dinner, where even more young kids will be confused on who he is and where is their cousins daddy

WWYD??

Update

ok my sister got her own place, moved a couple days ago, Easter is at our other sisters house, she told my other sister that she can bring her new boyfriend, now i am not spending Easter with my family, just too awkward, it's not like she has been single for even a whole week, 

Another Update, 

She came and he didn't.  Come to find out they live together now, they got a place together less then a week ago.  She has been married for almost 9 years, she doesn't understand why we are not accepting her "new relationship" - well I think the fact that her and her hubby just went on a very nice 2 week vacation at the end of March might have somethiing to do with the fmaily not liking the whole "new relationship!"  She came back with only good things to say about it.  But my older daughter told me that she has been having an affair with this guy for about 8 months.   Now I am just not happy with her, she has kids, they have kids!  one not even in school yet, so young, she just turned her kids life upside down and tore their family apart

I want to thank everyone for the post, good to know I am not crazy for feeling the way that I do

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2014 at 1:03 AM
Replies (21-24):
dawnrothbaum
by Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 8:58 PM
2 moms liked this

I would judge, big time. She is having an affair and flaunting it. The new guy sounds temporary, I wouldn't waste my time getting to know him. It's terrible your kids and her kids have to try to understand adultery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2014 at 9:05 PM

Quoting dawnrothbaum:

I would judge, big time. She is having an affair and flaunting it. The new guy sounds temporary, I wouldn't waste my time getting to know him. It's terrible your kids and her kids have to try to understand adultery.

This, exactly.  She is setting a horrible example for her children, and yours as well.

skrbelly
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 9:33 PM
I personally would just mind my business and if the kid is an asshole, stay away from them, but I don't think making any statements about it is going to make any difference. She has a new toy, but these things don't generally last.
dancingthrulife
by Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:12 PM

embarrassed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN