Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

If you have low self-esteem don't get pregnant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I have an associate who I swear needs a major self esteem boost. She's very pretty, college educated and dumb. Recently she found out she's pregnant by her dead beat b.f. months ago she was very sick and I told her to get checked out. She already has some other health issues. She told me she didn't think she could get pregnant but was taking b.c pills just in case. Well she told me months ago she ran out of b.c pills and could not afford to refill them. I offered to help pay for them, and she declined. Btw she is only a few years older than I am but still lives with her mom in low income housing. Well she's now pregnant and has no car, no place of her own, no job and b.f is living with his grandma. I have tries to help her prepare for the baby. She does not have a clue. I believe she purposely got pregnant to have someone to love. She has suffered from depression and her mom thinks she's bipolar.

Now she is saying no one will help her. I have taken her to the e.r in the middle of the night, brought her food, gave her gas (when she had a car). I want to help but I am tired of hearing "woe is me" every conversation is about all her ailments and "failing health". I am tired of the negative. I have kids and I am married.
Should I continue to help her or leave her alone...just so you know I'm not being mean; her doctors came find anything physically wrong with her other than minor asthma and pregnancy woes. They have even suggested she see a psychologist. What should I do?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this
In response to your title mom's with low self esteem can be great. She has far more going on than that!
I can't really say how far I would go in helping her.
mom23heathens
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe scale it back a bit. Helping is wonderful until it's not. Most of us feel good knowing we helped make a difference in someone's life but when it makes you miserable than it's time to stop.
dancingthrulife
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:38 PM

feeding babywell wishing her all the best. maybe w some parenting mag and some classes and therapy she could improve?? all you can do is say so...and yes..let her be..she is grown and needs to learn to do for herself. and hmm get a job...maybe she can approve for wic??? 

AMY
BF mama to 4...Ivy-Rose 9 Arwinn 8 Lily-Anna 3 and Clara 19 months old. ~~~~~
dancingthrulife
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:40 PM

and anyhow..i dont think her self esteem is the issue. she does seem bi polar from what you said. i have low esteem, but i do for my own. my kids are doing ok...

MomTiara19
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:43 PM

You are a great friend.Bipolar is difficult to deal with.She probably cant take her meds due to pregnancy.

You are probably her earth angel:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)