Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Under-qualified Psycho Boss

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:04 AM
  • 29 Replies

I am so sick of my boss. She is the GM of company that she has worked at for 30 years.  She is the most back stabbing, two faced person I have ever met, and I have hung out with criminals in my past.  She gossips about every single person in the office then turns it around and makes it look like you were the one saying these things. Every time she tries to talk to me about another employee I tell her " I don't feel it is appropriate to be having this discussion". 

Anytime she holds an interview in her office she gossips about all of us to the person she is interviewing. She leaves her office door open for all of us who are near her office to hear. 

We are all doing her workload of things hourly employees should not even see. She gives us all her work to do then complains about how lazy we are.  We all put forth 110%, but not for her but for the company.  

She has worked here for 30 years and can't even do the simplest of tasks like print a receipt or enter data into our job specific program. She then proceeds to get mad at us for showing her how and blames her computer for the problem. 

She never takes accountability for anything she does. She has clients accounts so messed up that it is impossible at this point to figure out where the mistakes are and what charges need to be removed. 

She will be your best friend when she wants you to do something for her and then 10 minutes later she is trashing your work and blaming you for the mistakes that she did. 

She is so forgetful or purposely forgets things she is told or even given in writing. For example days off, deadline assignments etc.  Then she screams at us like we are children. 

I would love nothing more than to quit or go directly to her supervisor at our parent company. I need  the job and there is not much in this area hiring. I tell myself everyday I should just be thankful that I have a job and can work when so many cannot, but this woman is insane and the way she treats us is pretty much harassment and borderline abuse.  Sorry end rant.  

Does anyone else have a absolutely ridiculous boss who is completely under qualified to hold their position?

by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:41 AM
3 moms liked this
Write a anonymous letter to human resources. And try to see if others may do the same. Record her talking shit and talking down and screaming at y'all they are not suppose do that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:44 AM
Females suck as bosses. Just my opinion especially the ones that never had kids :( that's what I am dealing with now ugh
nerdymom28
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Get yourself one of those necklaces with a hidden spy camera in it and wear it to work. (You can find one online for pretty cheap). You need proof. A week's worth of footage should be enough to take to your superiors and get her fired.

krystalmaye2429
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 11:33 AM

My state is a 2-party consent state when it comes to recording anything. Which means all parties being recorded must have knowledge and give consent.  I have an amazing camera on my cell phone and have thought about doing this so many times, but I could get fired and charges for doing it. 

She ignored the fact that our office manager was stealing money and doing other unethical things in our office. 3 of us sent emails explaining the things that were going on to our HR deparetment which is literally on the other side of the country.  The office manager has been fired, but she went on this big rant how she can't believe after all she has done for us that we would go behind her back and over her head like that. She said we are no friends of hers(no fucking shit) and has been a royal cunt even more than before because of it.  

I've worked here 3 years and I have a folder 3 inches thick worth of emails, screen shots of accounts that she screwed up and blamed us for, and more. I just worry that I some of the things I let go too long and they will not help my case. I think they will just say "well this happened last year why weren't we informed then?"  

Quoting nerdymom28:

Get yourself one of those necklaces with a hidden spy camera in it and wear it to work. (You can find one online for pretty cheap). You need proof. A week's worth of footage should be enough to take to your superiors and get her fired.

krystalmaye2429
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 11:37 AM

This is the only thing that she is good for. When I need to take off for one of the kids she gives me the whole "Oh you go take care of them, they are more important" Then acts like she did me a favor, when in reality she hasn't done anything special. I usually schedule appointment for the day during the week I can take off regularly and I always request them in advance. Then she complains on the one day I am not here that, "Oh she never comes to work ..blah blah" I am the most punctual and consistant employee in this office. eye rolling

Quoting Anonymous: Females suck as bosses. Just my opinion especially the ones that never had kids :( that's what I am dealing with now ugh

nerdymom28
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Oh man...that really sucks! :(

If they do the whole "why didn't you say something then" thing, just tell them that you were saving it so you could build a full case. You didn't want to risk them letting it go, so you took your time to compile all the proof you could. Hopefully they'll respect your dedication to bettering the business.

Quoting krystalmaye2429:

My state is a 2-party consent state when it comes to recording anything. Which means all parties being recorded must have knowledge and give consent.  I have an amazing camera on my cell phone and have thought about doing this so many times, but I could get fired and charges for doing it. 

She ignored the fact that our office manager was stealing money and doing other unethical things in our office. 3 of us sent emails explaining the things that were going on to our HR deparetment which is literally on the other side of the country.  The office manager has been fired, but she went on this big rant how she can't believe after all she has done for us that we would go behind her back and over her head like that. She said we are no friends of hers(no fucking shit) and has been a royal cunt even more than before because of it.  

I've worked here 3 years and I have a folder 3 inches thick worth of emails, screen shots of accounts that she screwed up and blamed us for, and more. I just worry that I some of the things I let go too long and they will not help my case. I think they will just say "well this happened last year why weren't we informed then?"  

Quoting nerdymom28:

nurse1997
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 11:41 AM

My husband said last night he has thought of 1,000 ways to kill his boss she is a bitch just like yours :) Good luck 

1979-2-7-kim
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 1:59 PM
I thought you were writing about the same boss I had at first! This bitch I used to work for was exactly the same way! She talked SO much crap behind others back but was just nice as day to your face. Finally, I up and quit! No notice or anything, on Thanksgiving break and she sent me nasty voice mail and then held my paycheck from me!!!! Which is so illegal!!!! I ended up getting corporate involved and nothing happened to her but a slap on the hand. Ugh!
krystalmaye2429
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:19 AM

As of right now we are short 4 employees because of her. I work in sales, and we get commission. Well when 2 of the outside sales reps quit she charged them back on every account that owed money to prevent them from getting a paycheck. These accounts payed their bills a couple of weeks after the reps quit. Which technically means they should be sending these reps a paycheck, but no.  She goes out of her way to ruin your day if she finds out that you are looking for employment elsewhere or give your 2 weeks notice. Which is sad, because there is no room for advancement in this company. They won't hire another girl who works here for the open office manager position. She is highly qualified for the position and knows the ins and outs of the company. The GM would rather hire some random off the street and make us train them. My resume has been sent to other places. I am just waiting for an interview. 

Quoting 1979-2-7-kim: I thought you were writing about the same boss I had at first! This bitch I used to work for was exactly the same way! She talked SO much crap behind others back but was just nice as day to your face. Finally, I up and quit! No notice or anything, on Thanksgiving break and she sent me nasty voice mail and then held my paycheck from me!!!! Which is so illegal!!!! I ended up getting corporate involved and nothing happened to her but a slap on the hand. Ugh!

Patti-Gee
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Ehhh my bosses daughter is my co-worker.  The things they allow her to do are ridiculous. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)