Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Venting Booth The Venting Booth

Why Do I Let This Woman Bother Me So Much?!?!?!?

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 7:54 PM
  • 19 Replies

Yep, you guessd it... My MIL. Nope, correction Boyfriends Terrible Mother!! The lady is a monster!! I dont understand how my wonderful, loving bf came out of that. UGH!!!

Ok so here's my story. The lady is a negative, selfish, jealous, piss on your parade nothing good to say beast!! My boyfriend agreed to let her stay with him for a year lease cause she just moved back to the area and thats how nice my boyfriend is. UHHH WTF?!?! I was also moving down to the area to be with him cause we did a long distance thing for a year. I knew it wouldnt work out, but who was I to say his mom couldnt come along. So I kept to myself and we all moved in. It started out alright besides the fact that she smokes in the house and now everything I own smells like an ashtray and that was out number one agreement. Shes a filthy slob and everything has to be her way, why because youre older and his mom?? NO THINK AGAIN!!! Turns out she doesnt like the girly girl that iam, she doesnt like that im not an outdoors person like her son and hates the fact that I wont go hunting with him. SHE JUST HATES ME!! She will not except me for me and looks down on all my beliefs, likes or dislikes. Shes called me every name in the book, talks about me to everyone in her family and thinking I dont benefit my bf what so ever and judges me as his gf. Remind you, This is coming from a woman who has never been in a relationship past a year and never been married... hmm wonder why??

Blah Blah Blah lets cut the chase. On January 27th we found out we were Pregnant!!! My bf was super excited but I was in Utter shock. I never wanted to have kids, my dogs were my kids. But as time has gone by I couldnt be more happier. Well, when we told her HOLY CRAP you would have thought she was going to kill us. Words cant explain the terrible things she said to me. She said things from me being to lazy because I nap when I come home from work sometimes ( I work at 4am EVERYDAY IM TIRED). How im lucky to have him cause hes going to be a wondeful dad and he'll have to pick up my slack. To her not wanting me to have a girl cause she wont have no girly girly as a grandgaughter and will not be playing tea party. But doesnt want me to have a boy either cause ill raise it to be a sissy (kindly said cause she sure as heck didnt use that word). She told me ill have to work out cause ill get Fat and my bf wont be attracted to me and she prays for any child who belongs to me. The list goes on. I WAS DEVESTATED!! Who says these things to someone who just got the biggest news of her life?!?! BUT!!! She later admitted that she is extremely jealous of me cause I have someone there to help me and she didnt. She cried she was a single mom to both her boys and its not Fair. She also hates the fact that she has to share the baby with my family and she wants to be the only grandparent and she refuses to share the Holidays. OK?! Can you say CRAZY!! Not my fault her one night stands got her pregnant. Excuse that last part but come on now. YOURE JEALOUS CAUSE ILL HAVE A REAL FAMILY AND YOURE PUNISHING ME FOR IT?!?! I just dont get it...

Months have passed and things have calmed down. We dont talk baby or the pregnancy. Though she does tell me what i need to name my Child. Which are all names from her family of course. It has to be all about her. Well, My bf and I decided im going to move back where im from and be with my family. Hes also fed up with her and wants whats best for me. Of course she thinks im doing it to take her grandbaby away from her and so on. I just cant be around her anymore. The thought of coming home to her here makes me want to live in my car. No im not going to keep my child from her, but for what it comes down to im the childs mother and I want whats best. Im not going to let some lady who disrespects every move I make be close to my child until she respects me and tries anything to get her son (the father of my child) to see the bad in me. Ive ran every mile, tried every trick in the book to make her happy and accept me for me, ive done nothing but disappoint myself. Its to the point where he doesnt want anything to do with her. Im done. 

Today I went to a monthly checkup at 17 weeks. I have a sonogram on the 5th of May (hopefully my gender one) and I didnt tell her about it. I know this child is a part of her to, but at this point I dont even want to imagine her touching my baby. Call me selfish but she is terrible to me. Ill eventually let her know whats going on, but again its gonna take alot for me to open up to her and let her know anything about my life. Shes ruined my happiness and pregnancy enough that she doesnt deserve it. Im sorry

So... first i apologize for such a LOOOOOONG rant but i need to let this out. No one seems to understand and im hoping one of you will give me some kind of advice and make me understand things better. Im sick of feeling like a terrible person but Idk what else to do. 

Thanks for reading.

by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkfairy0206
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 7:58 PM
4 moms liked this
First things first you and your boyfriend need to get her OUT ASAP!! she is total poison. You CAN'T be around the smoke and her constant belittling you!! You guys can't have a baby around someone that nasty!! It won't change believe me!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:01 PM
2 moms liked this
You are making a family. You your BF and a new arrival soon . tell her to get fucked and stop with the poor me why I don't have this or didn't have that like you bullshit. She made her own life. Maybe if she treated people better in general she would have landed a good man . tell her like it is ...
Ashiesue
by New Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Thank you so much. Everytime I say anything like this i always end up feeling bad cause again she is my childs grandmother. But why do i beat myself up?? She doesnt give a crap about me. I just cant wait to move in 3 months. The bad part is my bf starts a new job which is in another state. So he'll only be home on the weekends. Thats why im moving back. Id much rather have my OWN mothers help and be with my family and friends. Again you guys are amazing. Im so happy I found this site. 

dancingthrulife
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this

expecting baby

im so srry. this lady sounds like a real pill. she has robbed you of a wonderful time in your life. where you should be respected not treated like this or filled w doubled w how you will look after word or how you will parent. im sure you will be a good mama. evil turd of a lady. ;[ so sad. im glad ur moving back w your mom. i know your upset. but if she cant leave than i think its best you do.

Steph1499
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this

There comes a point when too much is too much. You have tried and heck your bf is sending back to your family so you dont have to deal with her.  I wouldnt tell her a damn thing about the baby.  She would be lucky if I told her when it was born!!! lol  Stick up for yourself and take no crap. No one deserves to speak to someone like that.  

Ashiesue
by New Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Yeah hopefully I wont have to stay with my mother for too long. I love her to death but she drives me crazy hehe Just for a few months for us to find our own place and figure everything out since he'll be gone so much.

Purgatorian
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:38 PM

So you're moving home without him? And he has yet to stand up to his horrible mother on your behalf?

Get the hell out of there as fast as you can and don't look back.

Ashiesue
by New Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Hes moving too. Ill just see him on the weekends because of his job. I hate the idea of it but its a great job and i wont let him pass it up.

IWantOneMorePlz
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I work at 4 in the morning too.  If I don't get my nap, shit hits the fan.  Your BF's mom needs to grow up and get out of your home.  Let you, Boyfriend, and the baby be a family.  

IWantOneMorePlz
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, yeah.  It sounds like she's doing this to get a rise out of you, so she can be a victim.  Practice tuning her out.  Ignore the sound of her voice.  It will take practice, but it will be worth it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN